In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how much would you pay for a ghillie suit?

0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
how much would you pay for a ghillie suit?ive got a few i want too toss on gb.they are the real deal.i made them when i was on active duty.ive got 3 woodland's and 2 desert.it took me alot of time and patience putting these togther.i know you can buy those bush rag ghillie suits for about $199 but they are a joke.neon green colors and black i would render bushrag as useless.it took me alot of time dying burlap bags dethreading them.attaching netting onto bdu's,sewing on a hood,placing pads on the front of the jacket and pants.sewing inside pockets and a holster into the jacket.and sewing on a camelback.also attaching the burlap,jute to the netting on the bdu's.so how much do u think i should sell 1 for?[?][?][?][?]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
SEMPER FI

Comments

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By offering "the real deal" at a higher price you would be appealing to a much smaller customer base so to speak. You would have to find someone who has an appreciation of the application for which you designed them. Most would-be purchasers would not be using the suit for that application and have found the cheap kits available through online retailers to be sufficient for their purposes or sufficient to satisfy their intense need to feel completely camo'd even though they're not.

If you really want to sell them, I wouldn't go above $300 or you could find yourself simply re-listing them over and over again for months on end.

It might be worth it to you knowing that the would-be buyer actually does appreciate the labor of your hands if you are willing to do that (assuming that there is no imminent need for the $$$).
  • 0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can you email me a picture and sizes and price?

0341USMC

SEMPER FI
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i'll have to dig them out of my war closet in my bedroom,i cant do it right now because ms 0311marine is asleep and i dont want to catch her wrath and fury if i wake her up.but i'll send ya some pics tommorrow. they are all size medium longs

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen kits around here going for $130.
    I swear some of them had pink yarn in them.

Did you sew pockets in the knees for removable padding?

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    on the knee's i sewed them so the padding couldnt be removed.i sewed them on "heavy duty"with numerous thread and dental floss and i also shoe gooed it all in there. never had any problems with it ever moving or coming undone

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    here is a pic of the jacket ohh the hard work
    000_0036.jpg
    edited November -1
    this 1 doesnt have a hood i use a boonie hat for this 1 w/ netting and burlap/jute on it.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's pretty cool 0311, I've always wanted to make myself one, but never have learned how.
    Maybe after I move when I'll have a "workspace" where I can get away from the missus on "murder mystery" night. [:)]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    i'd be glad to teach ya how to build 1

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, but how would we do that 0311?
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you do it?
    Is there a Military Book I can buy to show me how?
    If so what is the number and title?
    I have M-65's and ECWS's I can use as a shell.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    I went to the Shot Show this past weekend. They have ones just like yours and they were around $200 for them. I would say they are worth around $200-250 range. I have made a couple my self. I love to sneak right up on ground hogs in ohio in them.

Ray

More Powder, More Lead, More Dead
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Maybe you could raffel one off to all you GB buddies and then sell the others. Just a suggestion. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not near as important as how much I would pay to never have to wear one again.[:(!]

BUT, Nice suit. I believe the suit will always be worth more than anyone will pay, but I am with the majority of the others. The $200-300 range. Its a lot of work, looks like you did a really good job. Mine was so smelly my ex-wife made me throw it away. (Sigh...)Oh well.

James
    royalthaiarmy.gifrtaflag.jpg
    Do your troops train with live cobras? ROYAL THAI ARMY DOES!
    edited November -1
    i could type out a diagram on how to make 1 followed up with pics.step by step process.it doesnt take much $$$ to build 1.approx $30 if you already have a set of bdu's.[:)]if any body is interested on how to build 1 just send me a email sniper0321@msn.com

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI