In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I may be getting rid of my Glock...

phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
A guy locally has a couple of guns that interest me, Desert Eagle .50, PreBan AR-15 20", and an HK USP .40. I haven't seen any in person yet so I am not sure on which I might get, the D.Eagle may be hard, but its on the top of my list [:D]. So familyguy next time we go I want to challenge you and your .454 against me and my .50AE(assuming I get it)on the "tree"[;)].

Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
Glock 19C
Cav Arms CAV-15 MKII(AR-15)
S&W 19-4 .357 Mag 6" bbl
Henry Lever Action 22Mag
Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
Mosin-Nagant M38
Collection2.JPG
banner-big.jpg

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    GET THE Desert Eagle .50ae!! One of my bueeis has a 44 mag. Desert Eagle, it is a VERY FUN gun to shoot. Very accurate and did i mention FUN!!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd ditch a Glock for any of those. Heck, I'd ditch a glock for just about anything but a Lorcin/Bryco/Jennings/Stallard. If the price is right go for the DE .50 or the AR. I tend to look at these weapons from a value point and I feel that those two are good buys(I know others will disagree). I think HK is overpriced and overhyped. Good pieces, just too much fan fare. I look forward to shooting with you all someday too. I have a Blazer we can use for a target.[;)]

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    It is alot like the stock market. If you believe the assult ban will go away then the pre ban is mute. The Desert eagle .50 is in deed the bad boy on the block. Please remember that is is one very heavy ((mother)). Pardon my french. I owned one of these in 41 mag and I wish I had a .308 instead. Sooooo go with what ever will make you happy. The worse thing that will happen is a leason in what you want verses what you need. My 2 cents. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had my .50AE for a few years and love it. You'd get alot of enjoyment out of it.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So Travis, When are we going next? I have 2 lawnmowers to assault.[:D] Dang you for letting me shoot your AR last time, Now I want one. How much does that guy want for his AR? and what brand is it? I might be interested.

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis , I'd go with the H&K or the pre-ban AR before the DE . I flew back today from Phoenix from my defensive driving course and went straight to the range to blow off a little steam and shoot my H&K , not quite as good as sex , but then again , what is [:D] ?

Work like you don't need the money.

Love like you've never been hurt.

And dance like no one is watching.

Have guns,will travel<P>
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a .44 mag desert eagle and later got a .50 conversion for it too. Remember it's gonna cost you a fortune to shoot it. The other drawback is the weight. I bought my .44 mag as a sidearm for my Ruger .44 mag carbine and it dawned on me one day how stupid it was to carry a 5 pound sidearm with my 5.5 pound rifle...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, and also, that .50 won't hold a candle to the .454 (depending on your tests). It's much like a .45 acp vs. the 10mm.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cat, I forgot the manufacturer of the AR, but he said he wanted $750. I'll ask him some more questions about the AR and see how it looks and if you are interested I'll pass on his number to you(FYI he owns Laredo Bullets http://laredobullets.com/ ). I have shot a D.Eagle .50AE before and I loved every second of it, I know the ammo is pricey but I dont plan on putting 200rds an outing through it maybe a box per outing.

Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Glock 19C
    S&W 19-4 .357 Mag 6" bbl
    Henry Lever Action 22Mag
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    Collection2.JPG
    banner-big.jpg
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    trav - I vote for the DE. I know what else you have, and unless you REALLY want one the USP will be a waste*. The pre-ban may be a moot point in a year, so I'd simply hold off on that one. The DE is one of those KABOOM! "THAT WAS COOL!" type of guns, unless you handload and have a specific (like hunting) use for it. So if you're not burning up the rounds, get the fun one!

As far as the tree goes......only if you learn how to weld![;)]

*that was a reference to your 1911, you have a real one why a plastic wannabe?[}:)][:D]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use the glock for a GB giveaway

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does JB Weld count??[:D]

Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Glock 19C
    S&W 19-4 .357 Mag 6" bbl
    Henry Lever Action 22Mag
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    Collection2.JPG
    banner-big.jpg
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you Traded the Glock for a Jennings it would be an Upgrade. [:D] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i would go with the hk

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI