In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gas Theft A Problem?

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
Anyone having a problem with gas theft now that prices are hitting the top? I'm a bit worried about my gas in the summer when I head home...[:(][V]

signew.JPG
aniGif.gif
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Comments

• Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I heard a report on the local news the other day that "drive offs" have increased substantially.As far as theft from vehicles go,I haven't heard of an increase,but I'm sure there is.

Personaly,I think the biggest "theft" problem is the gas prices themselves.[V][V]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    quote:Personaly,I think the biggest "theft" problem is the gas prices themselves.
    Yep, I filled up for $2.11 this afternoon. Weak...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Mr.P,
    I guess we here in Central Texas are the lucky ones.Cheapest "Reg." here as of this morning was $1.63,but that's probably changed by now.[:(][V]

BW

Edited 5/1/04 10:00 AM.
    Yep,at 5:00 PM Friday,the cheapest in town was $1.69.[:(]

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If your talking about someone siphoning off your gas from your car, if it is a fairly new car, forget it, ya cant get a hose down the spout..

"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Had someone steal about $250.00 worth of heating oil from our place. In another case they stole a 500 gal tank and the truck it was on the back off!![}:)][:(][V][:(!]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    If your talking about someone siphoning off your gas from your car, if it is a fairly new car, forget it, ya cant get a hose down the spout..

I have a 2000 Dodge Stratus. Hopefully that's new enough [B)].

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Try it, and see if you can get a hose down it, if so, there are devices ya can buy to insert into the spout, for anti theft..

"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    My neighbor's kids have a 4-wheeler and he does not buy them gas. I wondered where they were getting gas till I went to mow the yard with the riding mower! Drained my 4-wheeler as well, got 1/2 tank out of my 92 GMC 4 WD farm truck. I left a 5 gal gas can with 2 gal. of gas and one gal. of varnish mixed sitting beside my shed later on and the drained it as well! For some reason their
    4-wheeler motor has now locked up! Wonder why?[}:)] Gas stealing is becoming a real problem around here. A girl that works with my ol lady told me today that some one has punched a hole in her gas tank of her car to drain the gas. I hope I catch one around my vehicles, they will be laying right there when the Sheriff arrives!

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Not here, but when a teenager, I heard of a kid at the gas station on 6 a.m. shift who opened the place. The "manager's" key was always in the register, with the register manual. He would reset the price to 1/10th of 1? and fill up. Then set the price back to ...whatever it was ... $0.89 9/10 [:D][:D]

The owner caught on eventually, but never figured out how it was done.[?][?][?]
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This week gas started out at $1.59, went to $1.69 on Thurs., Then $1.77 yesterday. I'm going to Walmart to shop for skinny hoses![:(!]

Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns cause they taste funny?
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    Buy a locking gas cap. Some are some what universal, and some are made to spec for your vehicle. I'm getting one soon.