In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Star Model B Takedown???

steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
How do I take this thing apart?! I've tried taking it apart like a .45 no luck. I slide the slide back to the slide release and line up the small grove in the slide with where the pin of the slide release is and then push on the exposed part of the slide release pin with no luck. Can someone please give me a step by step? I found the manual for the gun, but it will take A WHILE to download on my crappy 56K modem [xx(]. THANKS! - Toe

Comments

• Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Pull the slide back and lock it back. There should be a lever on the right side of the frame under the slide. Push that lever forward toward the front of the pistol as far as it will go. Now release the slide carefully and it should just keep on going all the way off the front of the frame.

Hope that helps.

Oh yea, pull the mag out first.

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There isn't a lever on the right side... I think that's only on the model B super. - Toe
  • Options
    BabalooieBabalooie Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steeltoe,

Go to this website. You can download the manual:

http://www.donttouchme.com/star/new/guns/b/index.shtml

I just got a Model B. Had to struggle a little to get the slide release lever to come out. Try moving the slide back and forth. When that didn't work for me, I took my electrician's pocket knife and using the screwdriver blade, carefully worked the blade behind the lever and moved the slide too. After it broke free, it came out like a 1911. Don't know for sure, but I think the guns may have been reassembled before the blueing was completely dry, and it kinda stuck together. Haven't had any problems since.

If you decide to download the manual, page 17 takes about 20 - 30 minutes to download with a dial up modem. Be patient (I wasn't) it's the parts breakdown and must have been scanned for high resolution. It's a neat manual, complete with a beer glass stain on the cover. It has a really neat description of how the gun operates. Must have been written by a physics teacher.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietsche
    "Only the strong survive."
    - Jerry Butler
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The button above the trigger on the right is the takedown/slide holdopen lever. Push that in. The lever on the left side will come out. Pull it all the way completely out. Slide the slide forward. Remove the recoil spring. Turn the bushing sideways, like a 1911, to remove. Pull the barrel out forward.

Getting the takedown lever back in during reassembly can be tricky, as it must connect to the barrel link. Patience.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys! I finally got it. It was so gunked with grease out of the box and that's what was taking so long. Thanks again! - Toe