In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Does it irk you too?

babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
When people post a question and never come back for discussion? Are they serious or just looking for more stars??.....B.B.

Comments

• D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe they just want to read the answers, no biggie, who cares about stars anyway, they dont get you anything.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    No it don't bother me if they just post once, thier are many reasons that they don't post again i.e. thier question was answered or thier putting the suggestion to good use. What does it matter how many stars one might have?
    edited November -1
    Yeah right, o.k......let's remove all reference to senior member, advanced, and so on. Also remove all stars. Let's see how many little one liners come back again and again.......B.B.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I pay no attention to the amount of stars someone has! I just read the posters I like, and ignore the ones I don't! As far as the newbies go I read them all, it usually doesn't take long to figure someone out!

I read alot of posts without responding, some make me laugh some don't, some deserve a response, some don't!

Hell I don't know what the big deal is Ma says I never answer her!!![^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    When people post a question and never come back for discussion? Are they serious or just looking for more stars??.....B.B.

It takes fewer keystrokes to reply Yes or No to an existing thread than create a new one, so I doubt the motivation of adding more stars applies here. I think it is more like when someone asks Oh, why was I ever born?. The point is really to express a feeling or point of view, not obtain an actual answer.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I ask a question before work or when I'm home for dinner. Then check back next time I'm home to see what kind of answers have been generated..There just isn't time for many of us to sit in front of the puter and have a discussion. That's why it's a forum and not a chatroom..

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Ok Sax, I give up what is brevity???[:I]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SaxonPig

Brevity is the soul of genius.

I think Genius is the soul of brevity. Of course, if I was Don Cornelius, I'd say Soul is the genius of brevity.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I thought "the secret to effective communications is brevity."

But, to answer the original question, "No".
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have asked questions on here and not replied to all of the answers, reason being alot of times when I get back to look at the answers the topic is a few pages back, no need to bring it back up unless I feel I didn't get the answer I was looking for. You mention stars, well if one was after stars wouldn't it be easier to reply to existing threads than to think up new ones or reply to the threads in which you started? I do go back and read all of the threads I start but bringing them back up is not always necasary.

One more thing, after all the heat Saxon and a few others got for thier stars I don't want any[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brevity

Main Entry:
    Pronunciation: 'bre-v&-tE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
    Etymology: Latin brevitas, from brevis
    Date: 15th century
    : shortness of duration; especially : shortness or conciseness of expression

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't matter to me [:)]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simplicity is the highest form of elegance, silence the purest form of eloquence. (JWS-2002)

Holy cow, I just noticed how many stars I got. How'd that happen?

Clouder..
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Babybear,
    I am a firm believer that the # of posts a member has is certainly no indication of their contribution to the forum. Everyone here has a right to speak their mind and I don't mean to offend or flame you.
    But I can't help wondering??
    How is it that a member such as yourself who has been active for nearly a year and posted less than 40 times has REALLY had this happen to them so many times that it "irks" you???

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
    edited November -1
    Just a lttle quirk....I've noticed from time to time someone posts a thread, breathing fire on the podium, almost demanding an answer, then......nothing, they never come back for intellectual give and take, no reasoning...nothing. Then you look back and find 3 or 4 more posts by the same one. Just don't get it. Now,that said, is it really necessary to be posting all the time or can I read all the posts?? Oh, I do work......B.B.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I post for the stars.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I want to see icon_star_bronze.gif's I just tell the wife I bought a $3000.00 gun [:D] [:D] [;)]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
    edited November -1
    It was just a question I wanted answered. By the way Mr.Stanman I observe a lot. I remember a girl by the name of Aerial which was offended and vowed never to post again .It takes more than a question to offend me. Thank you for your concern about my few posts.BB
    edited November -1
    One more thing Thanks everyone for your honesty.....B.B.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    One more thing Thanks everyone for your honesty.....B.B.

Sometimes even a standup guy like me gets in trouble with these people. I have been crying in my pillow for the last four hours. stay tough. Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    one bit[:D][:D][8D]

I love stars[8D][:o)]

Frog