In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock blows up reloads and new ammo

kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
check this out http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb2.html

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas? --Joseph Stalin

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    A while back I posted about the "blow outs" and the problem with the slide rails on Glocks, Glock fixed some of the problems for the Police departments, but never let it public that they had problems with their guns....

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read the whole thing and now have a question. They mention Ranier bullets. Are they good or bad? I shoot A LOT of them and buy them a thousand at a time. I would really like to know how they rate.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Every new firearm I've ever bought came with a warning NOT to use reloaded ammo.

Although Glocks may be more prone to failing when using reloaded ammo:

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I'm issued a Glock 22. I carry a Glock 27 off duty. My wife has a Glock 26. ALL STUFFED WITH FACTORY AMMO!

DUH!!!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blew up with factory ammo toquote:Originally posted by Rebel_James
    Every new firearm I've ever bought came with a warning NOT to use reloaded ammo.

Although Glocks may be more prone to failing when using reloaded ammo:

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I'm issued a Glock 22. I carry a Glock 27 off duty. My wife has a Glock 26. ALL STUFFED WITH FACTORY AMMO!

DUH!!!

-- Gen. James Longstreet

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas? --Joseph Stalin
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    In the link the date of the NCIC post was back in 1991. What was the result of the 'independant evaluation?'

Also, the 'factory' ammo was from some place in Miami, FL that I've never heard of. It certainly wasn't Winchester, Remington, Federal, etc.

-- Gen. James Longstreet
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I have three Glocks and have shot the hell out of them without so much as a single misfeed. I won't concealed-carry anything BUT a Glock. This is just more anti-Glock horsecrap from people who prefer to shoot Colts and Colt look-alikes with a 90+ year-old design.

And Glock is repairing or replacing ANY 3rd generation pistol within the S/N range of the affected models, whether it ever developed problems or not.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a huge fan of Glock, but also like others as well. The way I look at it, if they can make it handle the 10mm then it shouldn't have any trouble shooting anything up to that power rating.

Lowrider, where do you see that they are replacing thier guns? I've looked at thier site and don't see a recall notice or anything. I'd love to exchange my 1st generation G20 for the 3rd generation with the accessory rail...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    You'll find a notice somewhere on the website that talks about an "upgrade" to the faulty guide rails and advises you to call and find out if your model & S/N is on the "upgrade" list. There's also a "sticky" on GlockTalk that lists all the S/Ns affected. Glock won't call it a "recall."

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
    edited November -1
    I just joined them last night (kinda ironic). I may just be slow, but I'm not finding a sticky there, nor anything on Glocks site. I did find a couple references to people sending thiers in, but no S# list.
    I'm still lookin' though.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...up reloads and new ammo is superfluous.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    The anti glock movement currently in this country is reminscient of the Salem witch hunts of yesteryear. Unfounded and based in ignorance.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    The anti glock movement currently in this country is reminscient of the Salem witch hunts of yesteryear. Unfounded and based in ignorance.

Agreed. I've thought Glocks blow for nearly twenty years.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep

Agreed. I've thought Glocks blow for nearly twenty years.

Yep, they blow away the firepower of the 1911's!
  • CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bambihunter,

To find out if your gun is on the recall list you have to call Glock and give them your serial#.The affected Glocks have E as the first letter in the serial number.Not all E serials are affected,only Glock has the list of the exact ones.CW

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
    edited November -1
    I'll give 'em a call at the number just for the upgrade: 1-866-225-4098

My 10mm has a serial of BAD8xx but I've read where they'll upgrade the frame on those not affected - we'll see. I'd be a happy camper if that was the fact. I originally was selling my G20 to buy a G29 but it looks like I'll be able to afford one without selling it.
  • Mike291Mike291 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had my Glock 30 for two years, I average twice a month at the range and carry it daily. It's never failed me - never blew up, jammed, stoved piped, or anything else. I use factory +P JHP Ammunition, as well as PMC or Lawman target ammunition.[:p]
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    After reading the article I have a few questions. I think Master cartridge in the first article is factory reloads. In the second article American Ammunition is referenced. Folks the only thing that American Ammunition is, is Cheap. Squib loads, inverted primers and a total lack of quality control on brass that I have serious doubts that would meet SAAMI standards are common problems. If the Master Cartridge was a factory reload using fired AA brass I am surely not surprised at the KB.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will probably get beat up for saying this but I really don't care for glocks never have something about a plastic gun just never appealed to me, not to say that they ar e bad guns just not my cup of tea is all. However I will say those pictures are a reminder why I won't shoot reloads except for my own back when I still had my equipment for it.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    STAY AWAY FROM THAT AMERICAN AMMO MADE IN FLORIDA, ITS 100% GARBAGE!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This urban legend has been around the Internet for at least a decade, and it's always that same web page that is cited. Never has one web page moved so many Chicken Little's to shout "the sky is falling!"

Silliness, and old tired silliness, to boot. Don't buy Glocks. That's just more for me, at less cost. [8D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive shot thousands of rounds through Glock pistols with no problems.As a Certified Police Range Instructor Ive seen more Glocks in use than any other Hand gun, and never heard or seen a problem.I know that the NYPD had some problems with their Glock 19's but Glock has fixed all the effected guns.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Ho hum......more Glock bashing. [|)][|)][|)]

How very interesting..........not! [:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.

Disagree! The Glock sainthood is much like the John Kennedy myth. It's not the truth, just a wish.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I love my Glock 30.

I love my Colt 1911.

I love my HK Tactical.

I love my Ford.

I love my Chevy.

Who cares?

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had three blow up at our range, two I saw personally, so much for urban legend. That is why there is no Glock permitted in this household.[V][V][V]
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First time I qualified on the M16, the range decided to use new, cheaper American Ammo. I wasn't hitting paper at 27 yds, much less the inch wide bullseye. We brought the target up to 15 yds and were amazed that not one of the rounds hit bullseye. They were all over the place on the paper and some of the holes were rectangular in shape ----the lead was tumbling in flight.

American didn't last one day.

Oh BTW, with the other ammo they had, I did qualify expert[8D][:D][:p]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY