In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

John Effin' Kerry?

gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The new "JFK" (John Forbes Kerry) presents a most interesting candidacy:

He assails the Patriot Act -- but he voted for it;

He opposes the War in Iraq -- but he voted to authorize it;

He attacks the President for "misleading" us about WMD's -- yet he believed the same intel as the President;

He ridicules the "No child left behind" education reform act, co-written
and sponsored by his patron and mentor, Ted Kennedy -- yet he voted for it;

He touts his Vietnam record -- yet threw away his ribbons after he got
home;

He boasts that he fought Communism -- yet, as leader of Vietnam Veterans
Against the War led protests which included addressing audiences waving theViet Kong flag, people not demanding mere peace, but Communist victory;
He courts the support of Veterans -- yet testified before the Senate Foreign
Relations Committee in 1971 that his fellow GI's were committing "war
crimes" in Vietnam, not just occasionally, but "every day."

He faults President Bush for irregular attendance at National Guard meetings
30 years ago -- yet hopes to be excused for his own acts giving aid and
comfort to the enemy, a fact acknowledged by returned POW's and records from Hanoi;

He supports those who accuse Bush of having been AWOL -- despite the fact that records clearly show Bush did have leave, and made up his 36 days
before receiving his honorable discharge -- and despite the fact that in 1992 Kerry defended Bill Clionton, who never showed up for his ROTC
commitment at all.

And yet he has the gall to accuse the incumbent of having a credibility
problem -- when the truth is that what enrages Kerry and his fellow
partisans most is that Bush has done exactly what he said he was going to
do, and by doing so has earned such credibility that now even Germany is
assisting us, even the UN is accepting its responsibilities, even Libya is
disarming, and Al Quaeda is forced to confine its terrorist acts to the Old
World.

Roy Nichols, Attorney, 6098 Ashtree Place, Columbus, OH 43229 (614) 895-7500
Nicholsworth1946@hotmail.com

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uhh Ohh, I'm outa here!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Please, don't confuse them with the facts![}:)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Even included the Author; unlike a lotta BushWhackers around here.

Oh yeah, didja see where AFCSME dumped Dean? Like to think I & my Union Brethren had something to do with that.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Instant KarmaInstant Karma Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,if there are enough IDIOTS in New York to elect Billery,there might be enough IDIOTS nationwide to elect that one.I hope there are enough rational people show up election day to prevent it.Gay marrage and the other fringe issues that the demos promote will be their undoing I hope.

"Instant karma gonna get you,gonna knock you right in the head,better get yourself together,pretty soon you're gonna be dead" John Lennon
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most places, the cream is at the top; in Boston it's a much darker substance . . . .

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta' correct one part of this post. Kerry DID NOT throw HIS medals away. He threw the medals of another vet away. His medals are hanging in his office.

Mudge the accurate

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Since when have the democrats ever given a dam about facts?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mudge
    Gotta' correct one part of this post. Kerry DID NOT throw HIS medals away. He threw the medals of another vet away. His medals are hanging in his office.

Mudge the accurate

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>

Out of curiousity, who's did he throw away and why?

Kerry sounds like a douchebag for sure.

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kerry and his demo friends still support same sex marriage and I don't think the government has any business trying to legislate something it didn't create. Let's protect some things from the likes of these folks.[8D]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Go to this website for more on John Kerry's 'service' and his 'patriotism.'

www.usvetdsp.com/jf_kerry.htm

He visions himself as another John F. Kennedy. He, and his family, 'rubbed elbows' with the Kennedy's when JFK was in office.

Like 'Hanoi Jane' he's a 'Hanoi John.'

He disses Bush for his NG service, yet he used a little known 'out' to get out of Vietnam. The 'out' was if you're wounded 3 times, you get to go home. He was wounded 3 times, but slightly, kinda like being 'treated and released' at an ER after 3 car wrecks.

Kerry has lots of 'skeletons' in his closet. My bet is the Republicans are just saving that for him if he's the Demo candidate.

One more thing and I'll shut up for now. Why is it when Clinton was running for President against Bush 41, they said Bush's service in WW2 didn't matter? Now that Kerry is running against Bush 43, military service of any kind makes all the difference in the world?

Duhhhhhh????

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    No proof other than Bush saying, "They're lying" has ever been produced concerning his whereabouts during his time in the National Guard.

As for Kerry, he may be a hypocritical liar and I make no excuses for that.

However, if he is (and we'll assume that he is), it comes down to a contest between two well-connected liars.

Kerry's a priviliged rich boy.

So's Bush.

Kerry speaks about his support for renewing the AWB.

So does Bush.

Kerry voted for the Patriot Act.

Bush proposed it.

Kerry is a decorated combat veteran. There is no disputing that he saw combat and was wounded in said combat. That he left after "three strikes" was his perogative and no one else's.

Bush stayed at home, has a questionable service record, never saw combat, and never volunteered for it. In fact everyone on his cabinet with the exception of Colin Powell avoided service during the Vietnam War, with Cheney deferring his service FIVE times.

So, if we're looking at past records, we have two liars... one just happened to see real military service (and I ain't referring to Bush).
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Kerry Will not have a hope against Bush, when the real pole
    is counted.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence!

Looking back, what do you libs say Gore would have done? (I'm keeping in mind that 20-20 hindsight.)

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    7mm,

"Six Weeks in Autumn" was a pretty frightening look at how the Administration manipulated the public's fear for its own purposes.
    edited November -1
    EMM, yes it is scary but my main reason for posting the link was in hopes that you would see WHO actually made the proposal.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Rebel James: quote:He disses Bush for his NG service, yet he used a little known 'out' to get out of Vietnam. The 'out' was if you're wounded 3 times, you get to go home. He was wounded 3 times, but slightly, kinda like being 'treated and released' at an ER after 3 car wrecks. Noticed in your profile you're CID--howza come you don't recognize the SILVER STAR Mr. Kerry won? Hope you do a better job as an investigator than denigrating a wounded, highly decorated 'Nam vet. BTW, how many Purple Hearts are you wearing on your uniform? [:(]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kerry flip-flops on a lot of issues that is for sure. I think the Republicans will use this to their advantage and it will be Kerry's downfall. Another thing that will bring him down is his close relationship to Ted Kennedy as he tries to show himself as another JFK. He couldn't make a pimple on JFK's as*.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ohhh my goodness!!!
    John Kerry lies!!??
    John Kerry misleads!!???
    John Kerry Flip Flops!!??
    I didnt know that a candidate who lies, misleads, and flip flops isnt worthy of being voted for in this country. If such was the case, all those who are being critical of Kerry for these flaws, would not vote for George Bush.
    George is a liar, Kerry is a liar. The only difference between these two liars is one is a democrat, the other is a Republican. And we all know, that truth and honesty and actions does not matter when it comes to pulling the lever-all that matters is the letter after his name.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    The following are some Democratic flip flops:

A large number of Democrats voted in favor of the war are now all of a sudden against it.

Democrats say we should have not used a pre-emtive strike against Iraq. What did Clinton do against the Serbs? Oh I forgot Clinton said Misloviec (SP?) was a very bad man who killed a few thousand people and had to be removed. Did the serbs have any WMD's at any particiular time and slaughter 500,000 people. Democrats say John Kerry was a great soldier that fought in the Vietnam War and Bush just belonged to the National Guard. It's OK that Kerry demonstrated against the Vietnam War along with Hanoi Jane and called his fellow veterans baby killers and helped Jane put our troops that were still their in "harms way" When Clinton ran against Bush Sr. the Democrats said it didn't matter the Bush Sr. was a pilot in WWII and was shot down and that Clinton was a pot-smoking draft dodger.
    I ask in comparing Republicans and Democrats, who is for gay marriages, who is in favor of abortion, who is for the strongest gun-contol laws, who will give us the srongest national defense (somebody like Kerry who voted against all of the major weaponary that Regan was for)?

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So if it is established that we are left with two men of priviliege that are both liars, and if we are not inclined to vote for anyone else, then we must, at the end of the day, make a choice between the two or not vote at all (and then presumably not complain).

Since I wish not to give up my right to complain I make a choice and choose Bush because:

He is a Christian and along with his first class First Lady have brought back honor and dignity back to the White House.

He has the guts to stand up for the defense of this country even if it is politiclly unpopular to some. (how can the defense of our country be unpopular??? If you ignore the threats then you ignore the facts!)

While I do not agree with every one of his administration's positions, I do believe he is the leader necessary for these times. I desire not to leave the security of our country to chance. Frankly John Kerry and his voting record as a liberal Senator scare the hell out of me. Especially when it comes to DEFENSE!!

He has served his country in Vietnam. But it is his record since then that should alarm us!

Justice through Valor

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war" Psalm 144
    edited November -1
    Quote: He is a Christian....Unquote

Seems to me that one's religion should be personal with that person's god. As far as I know, Osama Bin Forgotten also claims a religious affiliation with god as well. [;)]

I get very leery of those proclaiming their religion in a political environment because an awful lot of sins have been committed in the name of religion.[}:)]

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Them Dems who voted for the War in Iraq were told by the Republicas THERE WAS EVIDENCE of weapons of mass destruction. WE all know now that is not the case. So, Who is the biggest liars now? Bush's popularity is sliding fast. By November, America shall see who will be in charge. Amercans both Republican and Democrats are tired of jobs leaving the U.S. and our budget is in the hole big time. They want their families fed and work. Time will tell but my bet is W. will be out of office come January.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Them Dems who voted for the War in Iraq were told by the Republicas THERE WAS EVIDENCE of weapons of mass destruction. WE all know now that is not the case. So, Who is the biggest liars now? Bush's popularity is sliding fast. By November, America shall see who will be in charge. Amercans both Republican and Democrats are tired of jobs leaving the U.S. and our budget is in the hole big time. They want their families fed and work. Time will tell but my bet is W. will be out of office come January.

The Democrats that voted for the war saw the same intelligence reports that the administration saw, thus they were not told by the Republicans. The Dems maybe stupid but htye are not that stupid as to take the words of the Republicans without looking at some evidence that the intelligence agencies presented.

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hairy,

Your point is well taken but I would offer that President Bush is not calling for the death of any country or its people as is the case with OBL in the name of religion. Mr. Bush does espouse his Christian beliefs but is not a fanatical Christian terrorist leader.

His duties as the Commander-in-Chief are to protect this country against those who would do us harm. One can argue with his methods, but I find it hard to argue with his sincerity.

So while President Bush claims a religious affiliation with God I would hardly categorize it the same as OBL's.

Justice through Valor

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war" Psalm 144
    edited November -1
    A big A** mistake was made going to war YET the Bush is still holding on to the fact that war was needed. Now both parties agree there is no weapons of mass destruction. Hummm. sounds like to me Bush has lost credibility on this issue and any other that comes down the highway.
    edited November -1
    Teamblue: quote:Mr. Bush does espouse his Christian beliefs but is not a fanatical Christian terrorist leader.

Really? Then why the necessity to publicly espouse his religious beliefs? Who is he trying to CONvince?

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackieBooger

The Democrats that voted for the war saw the same intelligence reports that the administration saw, thus they were not told by the Republicans. The Dems maybe stupid but htye are not that stupid as to take the words of the Republicans without looking at some evidence that the intelligence agencies presented.

Do you think thats going to really matter on election day? The thing about these unconstitutional wars, is the president is the one who will take full credit for sucesses, and failures. Since congress defers their authority to the president to declare war, the president alone is accountable.
    Remember when they caught Sadaam? The soldier did not say "the united states sends its regards", he said "President Bush sends his regards".
    Some might think they be able to make political hay out of the fact that Kerry and Bush both saw the same intelligence, but at the end of the day, it was the presidents responsibility, and his decision, and he will be the one who receives any political backlash from the Iraq invasion.
    The worst Krry will get is he voted to allow the guy to do it-but that pales in comparison to the guy who decided to go do it.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Saxon, I disagree, We could have watched Saddam and obviously knew what Iraq was up too. At least that is what the intelligence said. Bush just in my opinion wanted to go to war. He wanted to be the hero for the 911 incident and hold someone responsible. It has backfired on him.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SaxonPig

But, 50 members of Congress voted against the declaration of war on Dec. 8, 1941, so I guess we will never have total agreement among Americans on going to war.

Are you sure about that? I thought only one member of congres voted against the world war 2 declaration- I thought it was some woman from Montana, who lost her next election.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    A Politician by any other name is still a Politician. I will trust the man but I will never trust a politician.[8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who says Bush has no COMBAT experience?

As Commander in Chief, in the last year alone he has flown and landed an aircraft on a carrier deck. Then to top it off he took Air Force One into Baghdad. There are many active duty officers walking the face of earth to day who claim combat duty for doing a lot less. Those pilots who flew Air Force One last Thanksgiving can now claim the patch also
    .[:)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig,

I believe Congress voted for war in WW2 with only one dissenting vote and she (the only female member of Congress at the time) only did that because, "A good democracy is never unanimous."
    edited November -1
    If the economy continues to keep going in the direction it is and jobs come back before the election, nobody will remember the recession (that started when Clinton was still in offiCE)or the Iraq war, and Bush will win easily.

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    Saxonpig: quote:...it was in our national interest for a variety of reasons. Would you please be kind enough to enumerate the "variety" of reasons? Thanks. [}:)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    Saxonpig: quote:...it was in our national interest for a variety of reasons. Would you please be kind enough to enumerate the "variety" of reasons? Thanks. [}:)]

According to the resolution (ya know the legal reason we went to war), the reasons were;
    1. Because Iraq had stockpiles of weapons of destruction(not)
    2. Because Iraq was aiding 911 terrorists(not)
    3. To remove Saddaam and establish a Democracy(not).

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mudge

Mudge the accurate

But when he threw the medals away, he wanted people to think they were his. He was a lying phony, putting on a show. From what I've seen, he hasn't changed much in thirty years.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    George is a liar, Kerry is a liar. The only difference between these two liars is one is a democrat, the other is a Republican.

If you keep in mind the original post here about Kerry's flip flops, I think it's hard to find Bush flip-flopping in such blatant ways. I'm not as happy with Bush as I would have liked, but he is not a blatant liar. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is a stretch to compare the two.l

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY