In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some Good Firearm Quotes

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

"The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting, and I know I'm not going to make very many friends saying this, but it's about our right, all of our right to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp, appearing before Representative Charles Schumer's committee hearings on the assault weapons ban

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison

"The said Constitution be never construed .to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

"Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?" - Patrick Henry

"Our enemies will lead us to believe that we are incapable of defending ourselves and should let them do it." - Mike W. Smith, Guned.com

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

And now one of my favorites

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

RUGER.jpgNRA_FLAG_2.gif

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Saw a bumper sticker last week -

"WITHOUT Bad People - Guns are GOOD"

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw a bumper sticker yesterday. Laughed my * off.

SURE you can trust the government.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • gunrunner1911gunrunner1911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Common sense will be banished by legislation. ME

The Federal Reserve is niether federal or a reserve. Bernard von Nothaus.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ
    [br"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

That is a good one, Ruger. It is one of my favorites now.[:p][:D]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY