In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The worst ever barr None!!!!

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
That halftime show last night was by far the worst display of supposed talent I have ever witnessed!! Ive heard better music coming from a cat fight! I love most kinds of music and I try to look at it all objectively, but people, the singing sucked, the choreography was non existant, the props were ugly! Cbs and MTV had really ought to be proud!!!

By far the worst half time show ever!!!! Barr None!!!

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I didn't watch the half time show, had to put the garbage out.

Seems like I didn't miss anything!

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pregame show was better, willie, toby, and aerosmith.

Janet jackson just plain sucks and doesnt have an ounce of talent, and nelly, does he still wear a bandaid everywhere?

bigun2.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone else see Justin rip her shirt off at the end??? She was wearing a pasty(I think) on her boob. They cut out of it real quick, so I'm not sure if it was planned or not.....

oh yeah, other than that, I thought it sucked too.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Worst I ever saw.[V]
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Ya grumpy old fart.Just cause there weren't no naked dancing girls,you ain't happy.
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree pabooger. For the past few years, I've always found better things to do until kickoff. Like cleaning our toilet bowls or something....[:D][}:)] Maybe when this rap crap fad dies off, it will be better....BRING BACK THE SONS OF THE PIONEERS!!

denny
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't watch football so I guess I did not miss anything.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crims 40 you think like me
    Good bye to "F*** you girl till I bust yo p****
    Hello to "Cool Clear Water"

Hopefully the day will not be far off when the wheel will turn and it will be goodbye to sociopathic, misogynistic, criminal rap music.

I liked the Kingston Trio, too.
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fell asleep during the halftime show, but woke up when the second half started. The Super Bowl has become to commercialized. I just want to watch the game. Also the sound was terrible with all the background noise from the crowd.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Phil Simms voice gets to me after a while. That same old tone, no ups or downs, heck bring back John Madden.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    "BRING BACK THE SONS OF THE PIONEERS"....... crims40

God Bless You sir, I thought that I was the only fuddy duddy on GB, hahahahahah [^]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Single Shot,

But there was naked dancing girls, and guys dressed in drag. I think njretcop should have taken them all out with the trash.[;)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad I missed it..
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The halftime did suck. The wife took control of the remote and even though she loves the geriatric toothpick Steven Tyler, she muted the performance. I missed Janets antics.

The commentators were unbearably boring. Amen to jltrent, brink back John Madden, Dennis Miller, Rush Limbaugh, somebody with some Tabasco.

Them ducks is wary.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Maybe after this joke of a halftime show the super bowl will get back to being about the game. One can only hope.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Your black role models in action. I bet the millions of viewers were tickled to have their children sit there and watch that. Nothing but class.
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm...interesting comment, considering at least 40% of the half time entertainers were white...

quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Your black role models in action. I bet the millions of viewers were tickled to have their children sit there and watch that. Nothing but class.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Yep, and very interesting that those 40% would like you to swallow the idea that what these people do is something to be admired and mimicked.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Gee, I dunno, that 68' halftime show REALLY sucked.[:(!]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    ...was just thinking about my Mom's reaction (the words'conniption fit" come to mind) the first time she heard me playing Nazareth "Hair of the Dog"....or the controversy over 'Another Brick in the Wall"...
    The music industry keeps pushing the envelope further and further...I guess sometimes a conniption fit is necessary and good...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't a pastie, it was a piercing! F.C.C is investigating CBS and MTV about Janets actions. MTV is shocked,stunned,and amazed at what happened! Even though they posted on their website she was going to do something shocking. Good game,worst ever halftime.
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    quote:Hmmm...interesting comment, considering at least 40% of the half time entertainers were white...

Hmmmm???? if only 40% were white, then 60% were black, since only about 12% of the population is black...that would make the show unbalanced by a ratio of 5 to 1 !!!

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, NRA ILA EVC, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    marinesega2.jpg
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Just heard on the news,..the FCC is going to begin a full investigation....thank goodness....

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Yeah, the Feds will get to the bottom of it. Probably only cost 'em (us) 10,000,000 bucks to get some answers.

The boneheads at CBS & NFL who made the decision to have MTV produce the half-time show should be fired.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well now we know more about the Jackson family traits.
    Seems Janet was 'involved with Justin at one time.

So.......Michael Jackson likes little boys, just like Jannet Jackson.

Kid Rock really pissed me off by using an American flag as a poncho, not to mention the way he threw it off.
    If I was there, I'd like to think he'd feel my puncho on his nose, and/or a bottle of Bud at his head.

Come on FCC, kick some MTV, and so called artist *.

Missed the linebacker tackle of the streaker, but saw footage of him being trussed up & 'handled'.

Happy Bullet Holes!
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogue_rob
    Did anyone else see Justin rip her shirt off at the end??? She was wearing a pasty(I think) on her boob. They cut out of it real quick, so I'm not sure if it was planned or not.....

Of course it was planned, she had a "pasty[:0]" on her boob.

And toby did do a great job in the pregame show.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY