In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ohio members

knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
Anybody live up near Defiance Ohio?
Visiting this weekend - College Homecoming - meet for a beer (I'm buying) possible?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Any Ohio members other than myself here?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If any Ohio members email me, I will give directions
    to a firearms only flea market. I think this is Ohios
    best kept secret. It is every saturday from 8:30am
    till around 3:00. There are some very good deals to
    be had there. They also have a 50-50 drawing every sat.
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you have mail

In the demonstable absence of evolutionary perfection, if some calamity is not to occur, we shall have to learn to live with ourselves as we are. Fast. -Tattersall
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Can a Kentuckian that is not too far from the Ohio line get in on this secret? I promice not to make any more jokes about people from Ohio!
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JM60, I believe you are still on probation from the last time![8D]
    you can't be too close to ohio, because it makes good financial sense to cross to the north side of the river, Ky taxes and Ky auto registration fees alone are worth the move!!!
    stir, stir
    -Ralph (the no concealed carry state resident)

In the demonstable absence of evolutionary perfection, if some calamity is not to occur, we shall have to learn to live with ourselves as we are. Fast. -Tattersall
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets see Taxes of live in Ohio? TAXES definitly

t-rex.gif
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets see Taxes or live in Ohio? TAXES definitly

t-rex.gif
  • Options
    ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think i know the flea market your talking about, ill shoot you an email anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tajjn:
    We are due for ccw, been working very hard on it.
    I think we will have it soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ccw came very close a few weeks ago. the state police do not want weapons in the car. the guv wont sign unless law enforcement agrees to the bill. [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope the Ohio supreme court finds the current laws unconstitutional.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you can find all the current info about the ccw at the "ohioins for conceal & carry" website....just navigate to it . lots of current info.
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    Yes we here in ohio will have one of the most restrictive ccw laws on the books thanks to snagletooth BOB TAFT. No firearms in the car unless locked away, hell of a way for a person to defend himself. The buttholes will make it so restrictive it will not be worth it, and thats what they are counting on.

It's All Crapola!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is it with this Gov. Taft any way. I have several friends that live in Adams and Brown Counties Ohio and they were telling me not only was Taft an idiot, he was as ugly as a mud fence to boot. We were discussing our Gov Patton and his affairs with his mistress and I told my buddies that maybe Taft needed a mistresss to loosen him up. They said that he was too ugly to even buy a mistress. Ohio must have one screwed up Governor! It is not only your gun laws that are funny, a few years ago certain areas of Ohio dropped the bag limit on deer from 2 to 1 for aa couple of years. Funny thing about that was there wee more deer then than now! I also found out that you all can finally hunt on Sunday with no restrictions.

As to Ky taxes, don't even start me on that subject! We pay more taxes than almost any other state in the union. Have to pay taxes on a car each year you own it! Only thing we don't pay taxes on is moon shine, unless caught![;)]

A little history lesson for you Buckeyes. Back in the early 1800s our Governor Metcalf had to go to Adams County Ohio and build Ohio Governor Kirkland (Kirklett) a house because he did not know how! Of course it helped that our Gov. Metcalf was called "Old Stone Hammer" because he was a stone mason by trade! Stir, Stir![;)]
    I am used to argueing about Ohio around here, my ol lady is from the Lima area originally but she finally wised up and moved to Ky.
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in SE Michigan but am always willing to drive to a good gun show. Beach
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live 20 miles from the Ohio line, and half my family on Mom's side lives in Hicksville, Paulding, Payne, etc. I don't know if I'm entitled to by a firearm over there or not, but I'd be interested in the location of ANY good flea market (at least I could shop accessories) so I'll shoot you an e-mail.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

lifepatch.giffortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No fears about jjmitchell60. Last time he came to Ohio he saw a sign that read "Clean bathrooms all the way to Ohio".

Hell, he spent two days cleaning all the toilets there in Kentucky before he hit Cinci...[:p][}:)][;)]

Have guns,will travel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to reply to my own topic to see
    If I get the little flames. Ha
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    you hit it on the head JJM---- . Dirty ba*tard blew us kisses to get relected then told us we were broke, He raised gas taxes, sales tax, and taxed a lot of previously untaxed businesses(towing ,tatoos, nails and others. HE THEN accidently found money they had misplaced and said we were not out of money. Typical lying Ba*tard just like his whole family. It was him or a democrap that hated guns What are you going to do but elect the lesser than two evils since there was no other pro gun republican running. We will never get a good CCW bill that piece of crap will see to that!!!!. Every time i see the snagletooth butthead i feel like throwing up.

It's All Crapola!!!
  • Options
    easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the show tip knucklehead.

SEMPER FI
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up here in the north-east. Ashtabula County!

member; DUCKS UNLIMITED,AGA, ............R.S.A. KULP..................OHIO
  • Options
    11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frequent visitors to Ohio, family and also Ohio Gun Collectors Association.

Usually have an extra day and would enjoy another gun show/market.

11thcanopy
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    knucklehead14 , did you get my email ?

If not drop me a note about this here honey hole. Thanks SxS

SXSMAN@HOTMAIL.COM

Have guns,will travel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent two emails last night, they were both returned.
    I just sent another using your link. Let me know if ya
    got it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SXSMAN, it took me a while to figure out what you were calling a restroom but I finally figured out you were talking about those new fangled rooms in the house that took the place of the ol out house out back![:D] You mean they are clean in Cincinatti?[;)]
  • Options
    JGW64JGW64 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HERE IN CLEVELAND
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Taft is a "LIBERAL MOLE" for the NEA here in Ohio!!!![:(!][:(!]

I wouldn't vote for him again if he was dieing and my vote would save his worthless *!

He has taxed the living sh#t out of everything that moves,stays stationary or can be seen with the naked eye! He crys for more money but he spends it on bullsh#t![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Last Chance after this I`m gonna let this post slip intp
    the halls of Gunbroker.