In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My brother revisited

bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Back in April 2002 I requested prayers for my little brother when he was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. Well, after radiation treatments & 2 rounds of chemotherapy he was informed last friday at his checkup that he had a max of 6 months left. He has went from 185 lbs. to 95 lbs.
Being the kind of guy he is he just drew out his IRA and is determined to see every state in the union before he cashes in.
Its a helluva way to have to go but he's taking it on the chin, as the saying goes. I can only hope I have his determination when my time comes.
(A note to you smokers-put em out while you still have the option)
I know this is awful long but I just don't what else to do. Helplessness is not my forte.
[:(][:(]barto[:(][:(]

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,880 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry to hear of your brother's plight. I think we could all stand to take better care of our bodies.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Hooray for your brother! Not that he has a terminal disease, but that he's decided to do the positive rather than the negative.

I see folks every day that have chosen to get old rather than to have lived. Isn't it wonderful to be 85 years old and in a nursing facility and with nothing left... Even though you spent 50 years scrimping and saving for your old age?

No folks, brother is doing the right thing. Leave this world having lived. If there's a blessing here, it's the fact that he can still go on and that he's well aware that there's an end to this road.

No one would envy his cancer, but there are many who would envy his choice!

Nord
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad to hear of this.
    I hope he makes it too all of them.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Prayers done here for you and him!!!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I'll pray that he enjoys his adventures. I'll also pray that those left to remember him have peace at heart.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    I wish all the best on his journey.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barto, I'm really sorry..I admire him for his courage and determination to get all he can from what is left. I'm sure the world is a better place because of his presence in it.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all.
    Brother Jack said he's pulling out the 8th of Feb. He doesn't think he'll be back. Man, this hurts.

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • 2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wish him a safe trip and ask him to write and send pictures from whereever he goes. they will be the memories of a lifetime.

happiness is a warm gun, preferably preban