In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Subs, grinders, po'boys, hoagies...........

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
Whats the difference? Yes, I'm sure there is, I ain't sayin' there ain't, just don't happen to know for myself.

Comments

• Options
    Msut77Msut77 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Whats the difference? Yes, I'm sure there is, I ain't sayin' there ain't, just don't happen to know for myself.

Po'boy is the name of a sandwich made with a baguette from New Orleans, the others are just names for the same thing in different locations.

I live in NY so they are called subs or heros, Connecticut they get called grinders and I think Pennsylvania they are hoagies.
  • Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny's hoagies in Pittsburgh, Pa. The Best I ever tasted!
  • Options
    SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    when i would go to philly the street vendors of cheese steaks were the best ive ever had. But when you go to philly dont ask for a "philly" cheese steak, you get the same cheese steak but they charge you 3 dollars or so extra. AND a real philly cheese steak is made with cheez wiz.
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A real po'boy is french fries on french bread, smothered in brown gravy, au juise, or roux. It was cheap to make and an inexpensive lunch for the working stiffs in New Orleans. Over the years they have morphed into roast beef, fried shrimp, fried catfish, or fried oysters.
    Today the standard for a po'boy is Roast beef with gravy. The proper way is to slow cook a roast letting it cook in its own juices. This is than ladled/poured/tonged onto a 6-8" frshly made french bread loaf. Add the condiments of your choice. I prefer mayo, must., and American cheese. If the gravy runs down to your elbows, you got it right.[:p]
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    Don't know what the diff is but I'd give $5 for any one of them right now and even tip the delivery guy.....
    I wasn't even Frealing hungry til I read this freaking post..
    Thanks a lot !!!!