In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What are you shooting this weekend?

chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I am on the road right now but Monday I will be up at the crack of dawn with my son and two nephews. I know we are going to do some clay target shooting and there will be three 10/22s being put through their paces. I will also be shooting my CZ82s which I stayed up way past my bed time reloading for.

Household garbage and golf balls will be the targets of choice. I also love making the little metal gofer spin around.

Comments

• chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm taking my friends son out Sunday with our AR's for some "dog hunting" (prairie and coyote). The "yotes" coats are still full from the winter and are looking pretty nice for pelting. Prairie dogs have become more active lately, although we've had some recent snow that may keep their heads down this weekend. Should be fun to get out and shoot. How about you? [^]

Jim
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boogers...out of my nose.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

side x side or over/under?
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully get some time in with the .22's(10/22, 22/45, and Beretta Neos). First priorities are getting the oil changed and doing some fishing though.[:p]

Jon
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Headin' out to WY and ND to meet up with friends and fish. But am takin' a couple of levers (41 mag, 25-35) and handguns (41 mag, 45 acp) to plink with. Figure we might have a shoot... We always do!

Have a great holiday weekend folks.
    [8D]
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

side x side or over/under?

Depends on what way my head is facing.
  • bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning A-5 at those little orange saucers that that man throws for you.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably 5.45, 223, 22lr, 17M2, maybe some 308 and 357. I'm retired , live on the edge of nowhere and can shoot anytime I feel frisky. Giving the local varmints an education(steep learning curve).
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    I want to try out my new Lead Sled. Sometimes, I really wish I owned a gun. [;)][}:)]
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Went out yesterday and shot the 46b. Every time I surprise myself.... You see I have not shot it in quite some time. Put a old spray can out about 50 yards, and hit it on the first shot. 71 year old gun shoots real nice.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    My new favorite ar-15, usp .45, delta gold cup 10mm, steyr scout and my delta h-bar colt. If I have time I might run some through the socom 16 as well
  • TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M-1 carbine,E.K. Tryon 30-30, Mosin Nagant.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger Single Six in the backyard using CCI .22 short CB's. Those things are major fun!
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    .22s got my boys a walther p22

.17 HMR
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Prairie Dogs.
    Weather permitting.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be testing my new (to me) .30-06 today.

Tomorrow, sunday, and monday is anyone's guess, but I will be shooting.
  • use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My BFR in 45/70, so many coyotes, so little time. Dave
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My son and I worked out his Remmy 870 and my Benelli M2.

We've 'tacticooled" them. Sighted both RedDots in with Fed slugs, then worked through some drills, shoot-n-move, malfunction, rapid reloads, shoot from sling etc....

Between us, 30 slugs, about 20 buckshot and countless shotshells.

My old shoulder hurts for some reason.[:)]
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    a bunch of different eastern block rifles and pistols. having a lot of fun shooting and cleaning them.

had a job offer as an instructor at the range today. too bad my slovak is half assed and i dont want to get shot by a drunken slovak at the range.

the old man at the range had some old ammo and wondered how to dispose of it. i loaded a clip and laid down the law... unfortunately, the second to last shot in the cz had no balls and i saw the distintive flash out of the ejection port. had one half way down the barrel. they were stupified when i broke off an aluminum post from an old antenna and tapped out the round with a hammer. she shot just fine after that.

shooting here is expensive, free for military and police at most private ranges but an civ will pay around 15 bucks an hour for indoor use. there are no real good outdoor ranges for long distance but you can get permission from land owners. you cant just shoot in the forrest like you can in montana.

so far, pretty cool week end. tomorrow i will be looking at some fishing gear.

hope you all have a fun time shooting this week end.??
    nick
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    hopefully burning through some of my .45 stockpile with the tommy and glock.