In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

2001 Dyna Super Upgrades

interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Been sitting here the last few days pumping more $$ into my Dyna. I bought a Lightningstar front rim on Fleabay, brand new for $300.00. Bought a Pirelli rear tire 150/80-16 for the rear online for $90.00. Gonna put that tire on a Fatboy rim I have yet to buy on Fleabay, estimated cost $175.00. I cannot wait to get the stock rims off my Dyna. This upgrade should "complete" the package. So far uprades have consisted of custom shorty drag pipes, 7" front headlamp, Kurkuryn "blowerstyle" intake assembly and filter package, custom 2-up seat package, 4" riser extensions I will post for the "Harleyphiles" when she is done. How long till SPRING??

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.

Comments

• hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    will the fatboy rim fit on a dyna? I was thinking different swingarm would be a different rim. just courious

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    The Harley boy's said no problem.

JC

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I think they changed the bearings in 2000, so 2000 and up will interchange. 1999 and back will interchange to..at least for evo's.

I'm running a Fatboy rear wheel on my '93 Sportster. I also got a LightingStar front wheel on ebay for the same money. Bet yours came from the same place, the HD dealer in Mansfield OH.

J.C.,When you get that Fatboy wheel, take it to a wheel polisher and have it polished out smooth. It'll look almost like it's chromed.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't long till spring, just a few more weeks. Make sure u post pictures when your through. Course just for us en's Them thar others don't care.[:)]
    JW

fc6cb6ef.gif
    edited November -1
    10-4 JW, how's that new Lowrider?

JC

• jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got about 2500 miles on it now. And guess what, it still cranks and don't leak any oil. Something must be wrong with it.[:D]

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Did you make any changes in carburetor jetting when you installed the drag pipes and the HyperCharger?

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lowrider
    Did you make any changes in carburetor jetting when you installed the drag pipes and the HyperCharger?

Not yet Lowboy, I will in the summer when I plan to return to the mountains of WNC.

JC

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwharding
    I've got about 2500 miles on it now. And guess what, it still cranks and don't leak any oil. Something must be wrong with it.[:D]

fc6cb6ef.gif
    Damn JW, my hog is suffering from the same affliction!

JC

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Prediction.

When you find out how that 'hypocrapcharger' really makes your bike run, you'll be selling it on ebay...starting at a penny, with no reserve!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Well, I was just talking to a guy a couple weeks ago who has one on his Road King and he loves it. He DID re-jet the carb, though.

• cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With them open pipes it'll be pretty lean, and backfiring better rejet before you ride it much.
    edited November -1
    Will do Clet.

JC

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Reb James,

I've had a Hyper-Charger on my Custom Softail since I bougt it a few years back, and have had no problems with it... at all. What specific problems did you experience with yours?

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln