In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Job offer

TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just got a job offer, 85k per year w/benefits. Turned it down, cannot move to Kalifornia with their taxes and gun laws. Oakland of all places.

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Toolbabe started working for the new Lowes store in Camden. To day when she came home she told me that there is an opening at one of the stores in Columbia and thay would like to talk to me about it. the job is to cordinate the jobs for the custom installers and to inspect there work. I think I could do this (even if I cant spell it). Things are so tuff right now I'm thinking real hard about it. Might go and talk to them.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Cool! Good luck to you. I'm sure whatever they need you to do, you'll be able to do it.
  • vclubbvclubb Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tools1,

I worked at Lowes for about a year when I was working at a church in Richmond VA. The job you are talking about is pretty cool, the guy I knew who was doing it liked it. Granted it ain't huge bucks but it isn't bad either.

-Victor

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
    Richard M. Nixon
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    You do what is best for you and yours, and I'll pray you make the right decision.

Good Luck, my friend![;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Kidd_CKidd_C Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go for it. I just re-entered the work force Monday. It feels good to belong somewhere again.
    If you do go and check it out GOOD LUCK.

You can't judge a book by its cover, but that doesn't mean you can't do a report on it.
    edited November -1
    I think that the fact I'm a licensed SC Home inspector had something to do with the job offer. I think I could also do the Home inspections with out it being a conflict of interest. Plus Columbia is growing right now.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • rdcinmnrdcinmn Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do it, if you don't like it at least it will put money in your pocket intil you find something else.
    Good luck!

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1848
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go for it , Columbia is expanding ! Coming out my way South..
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are not employed, or need a job, give it your best shot. Be the best darn coordinator thay ever came across, no matter how small the pay. Someone will notice your abilities, either in Lowes or some contractor, and bigger opportunities will unfold.

Starting at, or near the bottom ain't so bad...at least it's a start.

My humble 2.5-cents worth,
    Rafter-S
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Great news, Tools1. It also look good on a resume for your home inspection brochures.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Great news, Tools1. It also look good on a resume for your home inspection brochures.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    If nothing else it will keep you out of trouble for a few hours a day.[;)]

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I would say a steady paycheck right now would probably be the best thing for you, Tools1, considering your previous paychecks you have told us about from driving the rig.

aliens.jpg
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take it and do the best you can do while there, I worked in a Home Depot and made a lot of contractor connections that made me LOTS of side money at the time.Take the job for the potential connections alone. GOOD LUCK[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Go for it, Lowes is as good a place to work in retail home improvement as there is. I know several that worked at Lowes to put themselves through college. How far from Santee-Cooper are you? I used to go down there fishing a lot in late 80s?

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    take it

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couldn't hurt to go talk to them.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    You would be a fool not to take it. Think of the bennies. Think of the residual opportunities. Think of the stability. GO FOR IT!!

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    YOU go do the interview. God will guide the result.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a better prospect to raise money than the possiblity of having to sell your guns...

(you mentioned something about that in a previous post when talking about how tight things were).
    edited November -1
    I did a delivery to a Lowes store in Ashville today. While there I was talking with the Shiping and reciving manager. I told him about the job offer. He said it is the best job Lowes has. He said that the guy that does it at that store steped down from store manager to take the job.
    I'm going to have Toolbabe see if she can set up an interview for Monday.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Tools1,

Best of luck to you. If you do not like it, you can always walk away from it, but, more than likely, this job may have presented itself to you for a reason [;)]. Keep us updated.

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln