In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Safe at Home with Momma (UPDATED)

Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
Hey Folks-

Arrived here in Spokane WA yesterday afternoon! Momma was waiting for me at the gate with my son and all is well.

My trip here was long, and a little troubling. My flight leaving out of Baghdad was 1 of 3. Earlier we took some fire on the perimeter, and there was 2 explosions, unknown type, but they were fairly large. A short time latr we assembled into "Chalks" and loaded the aircraft. On the way out the pilot took some evasive actions, I was told later that we took some small arms fire. The flight behind me took some fire as well, and at least one soldier was hit. The plane was forced to turn around and land, the soldier later died of these wounds.

My flight from Kuwait to the states was uneventful, but we did stop in Shannon Ireland, and I had a chance to purchase a bottle of my favorite hard liquor, "Poteen" (Poe-Cheen), which is Irish Mooonshine. The 750ml bottle I acquired 3 years ago only had 2 shots left in it, so I figure that this 1/5 will last me until we vacation there again in 2008.

My plans for the next two days are to relax and do VERY little, spend time with the boy, and maybe go to my local bar and hoist a few with my friends (In a town of 300 or so, that's about everyone). After that I think before the weekend I'll be able to post to y'all about my new baby girl. Mrs. 45 says she thinks she'll be ready to our baby in about three days, although it might be sooner.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for all of the donations, packages, e-mails and prayers. I've been extremely lucky during my tour and it ain't over yet. I get to back for 8-9 more months, and I hope my luck holds out. At least three time a month since I've been there, the convoy or patrol in front or behind me has been hit, not always with casualties, but hit all the same. When my vehicle was hit, the only permenant injury was the loss of some hearing in my left ear, I have a fair amount of tinnitus all the time now. Could've been much, much worse.

925- Thanks for the Box! I recieved it a fews days before I left. The fellas really appresciated the reading material and my roomie needed a pair of tinted glasses to go over his perscription ones- Thanks again for your support!!!!!!

""Just wanted to drop in real quick and let everyone know that we may well be on our way to the hospital later today. Mrs.45 was having contractions last night, but not too terrible, this morning they are a little more consistant, but about 45 minutes apart. When they are closer to 30 minutes apart, I guess we'll go into town (Using the wasboarded old dirt roads) and check into the hospital.

Thank-you all very much for your support and well wishes for me as a soldier and as a family man, sometimes myself and my fellow troops' perception of how our country feels about us is colored by the media, but whenever I log on here, I really see that there are so many of you folks out there who still really, deeply care.

fm_cr.jpgcomp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Handgun Control, Inc. says they want to "Keep guns out of the wrong hands."
Guess what?
You have the wrong hands.

Comments

• Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you are back with your family safe and sound. ENjoy them. And....... thanks.[:)]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Have a relaxing vacation. Thank you for your service, Matt. It is not unnoticed or unappreciated.

Ben
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Matt!

My brother also just got back from the sandbox a day or two ago, and his airplane ride also went through Kuwait and Ireland. I wonder if you guys were on the same flight?!!

It's good to hear that you're back - enjoy it while you can.

Thanks!

Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?

-- Joseph Stalin--
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear you make it back relatively unhurt.
    Sounds like you have the right plans for the next few days.
    Enjoy them and.......thanks.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad your home safe.Thank you and God Bless!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome home trooper. Many thanks from the Mudges.

Mudge & Mrs. Mudge the appreciative

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    God Bless you, welcome home, and thank you for your service. I am indebted to you as an American citizen and will never forget it.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
    bumpersticker.gif
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back, enjoy your stay. Don[:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Glad that you are safely home![:D][:D]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Welcome back Matt. We will remember to keep you in our prayers when you go back

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Welcome home! Thank you for your service and may God bless and watch over you![:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome home Matt!!!!!!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome home, Matt, may God bless you.
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    Russ

There's three kinds of people in this world.....Those who can count and those who can't.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Very good news indeed! The tinnitus probably won't bother you in an environment that has at least a small amount of noise. If it ever does bother you when trying to sleep for examaple, adding some soft background noise can pretty much cancel out the tinnitus. Use a fan, soft radio music or even soft FM static (won't work on digital radios) or sound of room air cleaner, etc. Try to protect your hearing the best you can in the future even from such sounds as running a lawnmower or kitchn blender. Been there, done it.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:Thanks again for your support!!!!!!

No Matt, Thank YOU and your family for the incredible sacrifice!
    God bless you all and keep you safe.

Congratulations to you and Mrs.45 on the upcoming delivery.
    Will be praying it goes well for her,,, she's earned at least that!

Stan
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Welcome home soldier. It's good to have you back safely Matt.

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10