In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another FREE Give away...

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I want to give away a great book, which binds the links between soldier and citizen. This book is a hardback, and less than 3 years old. It captures the warriors spirit, as well as that of the citizen soldier.

I assure you, if you've ever read "WE WERE SOLDIERS ONCE AND YOUNG", well... you've heard of him. I'm offering it up, for free. All you have to do is search for veterans of the "BATTLE OF THE IA DRANG" who died during the SEP 11th attacks and your getting close.

I have read a good amount of books, but this is surely one of my favorites, and it has nothing to do with the military. Please, enjoy.

I forgot to mention, the contest will go until the first person properly identifies either the book or the author, or next Friday evening (20JAN04)- I'll draw a name from all who have taken the time to enter.

Good luck!

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8

Comments

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We were Soldiers Once...And Young: Ia Drang--The Battle That Changed The War In Vietnam
    by Harold G. Moore, Joseph L. Galloway

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner, your damn close, but think outside the box. The man who wrote the book I am offering, is no longer with us, but if you'll search the net, you'll quickly gleen who it is I am speaking of..... oh, and by the way, he is a SILVER STAR awardee.

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rick Rescola--appeared on the cover of "We Were Soldiers...Once And Young"
    edited November -1
    Rescorla

Heart of a Soldier: A Story of Love, Heroism, and September 11th
    edited November -1
    IDS Man, You hit it, dead on. It is a great book. I want to send it to you, please send me your mailing address and I wil get it out right after the holiday on monday. Good show show man, you are certainly on top of your game, and I am honored to pass a copy on to you, just promise me you'll do the same.

NSDQ!

edited November -1
    I've given a couple of books over the course of the last few years when I've recruited what I've considered to be particularly promising young soldiers.

I will read it and pass it to my brother who will get is commission in May.
    edited November -1
    I consider it an honer to pass this great story on to you. Please email me your mailing address. This story will humble you, as it did me... your a great man IDS, enjoy.

NSDQ!

edited November -1
    IDS, I sent the book about 30 minutes ago... but now, I am offering to give another one away, if anyone can tell me the name of my wife [}:)] ... I've posted it here before [;)].

NSDQ!