In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Go get 'em boys!!!

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
An Open-Source report today claims coalition forces may have Bin Laden 'surrounded'... what a great day that would make, to capture that dirty terrorist. Again, this is reported, not confirmed, and there are a million "false alarms" out there, but we sure can hope and pray that our troops are on the right trail. Go get 'em boys!!!

February 22, 2004

A BRITISH Sunday newspaper is claiming Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in an area of land bordering north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops, claims the al-Qaeda leader has been "sighted" for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite.

The paper claims he is in a mountainous area to the north of the Pakistani city of Quetta. The region is said to be peopled with bin Laden supporters and the terrorist leader is estimated to also have 50 of his fanatical bodyguards with him.

The claim is attributed to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington, who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in."

The paper says the hostile terrain makes an all-out conventional military assault impossible. The plan to capture him would depend on a "grab-him-and-go" style operation.

"US helicopters already sited on the Afghanistan border will swoop in to extricate him," the newspaper says. It claims bin Laden and his men "sleep in caves or out in the open. The area is swept by fierce snow storms howling down from the 10,000ft-high mountain peaks. Donkeys are the only transport."

The special forces are "absolutely confident" there is no escape for bin Laden, and are awaiting the order to go in and get him.

"The timing of that order will ultimately depend on President Bush," the paper says. "Capturing bin Laden will certainly be a huge help for him as he gets ready for the election."

The article says bin Laden's movements are monitored by a National Security Agency satellite.

On Thursday last week, General Richard Myers, chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff, said America had been engaged in "intense" efforts to capture bin Laden, who was believed to be hiding in the border area between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

But he insisted that the focus of the search had not narrowed for months.

The Sunday Telegraph

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,8752173-28778,00.html

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    lets shake and bake him

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    0311 Marine

You have a trusty plains scout to ride there with you and you shake -- I will bake.

Can I first have a few moments alone with him? There is some serious interviewing I would like to do. Names of operatives, locations of money, conconspirators, weapons cache locations, weapons and logistic assistance he received.

I will give him all the humane treatment that the people in the Twin Towers got. I will even let him live a little longer than they did.

Then I will have to turn him over to the gangs of New York for final judgment.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We can only hope ...
    and prayer for our Men and Women

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Here's hoping the Pakistanis don't f#$k things up and let him go. I have the utmost confidence in our men and women, but close to zero for the Pakistani military.

Last reports stated that Pakistan was moving over 12,000 men to the Afghan border. In my opinion, that's 12,000 potential enemies given how trustworthy they've proven to be in the past...
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    EMM,
    Point well taken, they are not very trustworthy. Hofefully the pressure is great enough that Pres Musharraf will ensure that UBL does not slip through the passes of the Patkia/Patika Provinces and the Pakistani western forniers... we'll see?!

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I believe we could expect his sleeper cells here to react if it is put on tv that he is caught.

I think it would be wise to keep his capture and execution silent.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Good news that might just turn into great news.
    Can't be easy in that terrain, and conditions,
    but don't ya know our SF boys are primed!
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee, what a remarkable coincidence that they should be making noises about having him trapped in an election year when, try as they might, they had NO IDEA where he was for almost two and a half years. Yessirree.
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one is going to make election year posturing on a subject as elusive as Osma bin Laden. The downside news potential for him slipping out of our grasp is way way too high. If in fact someone leaked that we may be closing in on him then shame on them. I'm certain the military and the President don't want to count this chicken until they are picking the lice out of his beard. Beach
    edited November -1
    Depends on how "elusive" he's really been. A supposedly concerted effort to find him drew nothing but blanks for all this time; day after day we heard about how elusive Bin Hidin' was proving to be, despite the intelligence community's best efforts, and then--mirabile dictu!---he's conveniently "located" as the election draws nigh and El Presidente's poll numbers are slipping day by day. Wow, talk about timing. With that kind of (hah) "luck", Bush ought to be buying lottery tickets.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Screw bringing him in alive. Shoot the SOB. We don't need the media circus.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Pat,

I disagree. Shooting him only makes him a martyr. Regardless of the circumstances, they can always say, "He went down fighting the Crusaders! He was a brave man and if he died for the cause, so can I!"

No, way better to haul his @$$ into jail and cage him like an animal.

Better yet, send him to a Texas prison and let the prisoners have all the "fresh fish" they want.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I agree with you on the martyrdom point. I guess I don't knwo what we should do with that SOB. After all that he has done, he certainly deserves to die if anyone does. But that would make him a martyr. Then we bring him home, sit his * in jail, and we have to pay for him [xx(] to live out his days on our bill. Personally I am all for a public execution perhaps a hanging? But then again while satisfying, that too would make him a martyr. I don't know, what does the board think we should do to\with him?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Drop him in a pit full of ravenous pigs and let them devour his soul.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
    edited November -1
    I once heard a particularly fine suggestion a few years back: Give Osama a sex-change operation, then drop him/her into a village run by the Taliban....
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We can only hope that this news is true. If it is than we can rid the world of such an evil. I must say however that killing him isn't the best option. Not only do we make him a Martyr but we always run the risk of the "Elvis effect" him popping up all over the place to rally supporters.

medal.gif27Nov2003 Samarra, Iraq
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Well, you've now stumbled upon one of the best reasons we have for allowing the Afghan Military Forces (AMF) to work with us in such a direct role... if UBL is killed my a fellow Muslim, the "martyrdom" option goes right out the window. This is by far the best of the options we havewhich allow for him to be taken down and not become a martyr.

NSDQ!