In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hellicoptor kills in Iraq

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://home.comcast.net/~e.franzen/224Helicopter_Kills.mpeg

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Aren't apache choppers great?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    I think the last time someone linked this video it was said to be from Afghanistan.
    I also believe that it was Gunsnpainthorses who said it looked like some un-armed farmers getting smoked.
    Not sure I can disagree with that assessment.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    As I look at this a second time, and judging from the thermal imagery, it does look like the initial target was indeed a farm implement of some sort. But it is hard to tell for sure.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    ahhh i cant get it to work

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I believe it is the "Gun Tape" from an AH64 Apache, in IRAQ down near Fallujah. The link is currently down so I am not sure, but it sounds like the the full-legth version of an MPEG I have from IRAQ.

If it is the same video, it unfolds like this; three dudes in a field along a "normal" US airspace corridor, which US Army A/C use to transition through the area, yet helps to deconflict the airspace management piece... AH64 sets-up in an Attack by Fire Position (ABF) and observes on of the SAVAGES running from a pick-up truck, out into the field with an RPG launcher... calls higher asks for permission to engage with 30mm Cannon.... fires are cleared, he engages the TGT, one SAVAGE tries to run, is hit with another burst of HE 30mm.. last SAVAGE is bleeding out near the truck and the gunner lets him to paradise as well.

Of course the "locals" spin on the event was that these were merely poor farmers, attacked while trying to tend to their fields... the video clearly shows a different story, and I have a feeling that may be one of the reasons such a graphic depiction of true to life war has been allowed to remain "on tour" without the US Gov pulling it off of the shelves of the internet.

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8