In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Homeland Security Chief quitting because of pay

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
Tom Ridge says $175,000 isn't enough to do his desk job managing our security.

He wants to get another job to put his two kids thru college.

Guess he never saved any money as Governor or in his current position.

awcountdown.gifIt wasn't only the Bill Clinton Gun Ban- without Bill Ruger there would of been no ban .
MichaelMooreFatStupid.gif

Comments

• Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Must be a real challenge trying to live comfortably on $175,000 a year [xx(].

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Some folks cannot handle the stress [8D]... and I'm sure this os one of the most stressful positions out there.

Anyone else want to sign up for it?

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's not the worst news I've ever heard. I have never trusted Tom Ridge anyway. Don't know why. Just haven't.

Mudge the paranoid

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Yep NS.

Texas, Arizona National Guard....you are now exempt from the Iraqi War and are now chartered with Operation Wetback.

You are to secure the Southern border in your States. Every illegal immigrant you capture and return to Mehico is a $1 deduction from your Federal Income Taxes.

awcountdown.gifIt wasn't only the Bill Clinton Gun Ban- without Bill Ruger there would of been no ban .
    MichaelMooreFatStupid.gif
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    ?Rojo: s? que la situaci?n contigua es desolada, pero c?mo hace nosotros lo aseguramos? ?Debemos construir nosotros una cerca, o la observaci?n de hombre anuncia a lo largo de la frontera las 24 horas del d?a?

Yo no entiendo c?mo ni por qu? nosotros permitimos la frontera para ir improtegido. S? que algunas gente est?n fuera all? tratar su mejor de asegurar la cosa, pero no trabaja.

Cuando continuamos tomar la guerra al enemigo al exterior, nosotros debemos apretar tambi?n nuestras medidas de la seguridad aqu? en casa.

(Red: I know the border situation is bleak, but how do we secure it? Should we build a fence, or man observation posts all along the border 24 hours a day? I do not understand how or why we allow the border to go unprotected. I know some folks are out there trying their best to secure the thing, but it is not working. As we continue to take the war to the enemy abroad, we must also tighten our security measures here at home.)

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10