In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ordered a new computer but I am worried...

Instant KarmaInstant Karma Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Got tired of this old computer refusing to work or working slowly(takes after it's owner).So I ordered a new tower.Get this,I ordered it on Friday the 13th and the total cost came to $666.00 after shipping.[:0]Too strange!I am not normally superstitious,but think I will name this one "The Beast".My old one was named "The Female Dog",and it lived up to that name occasionally.[:D]

"Instant karma gonna get you,gonna knock you right in the head,better get yourself together,pretty soon you're gonna be dead" John Lennon

Comments

• RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did ya' consider "cancelling" the order? Might be something to think about.........

I Miss The World I Grew Up In!
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 550 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I would have sent them a $1 tip,Bob.
  • Instant KarmaInstant Karma Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RancheroPaul and Deadeye,yeah,I did think about adding something else.But then I figured,what the heck,leave it as is and see what happens.Could be a good omen,if you believe in omens,that is.Can't wait to get it set up and going.Pentium 4,2.8 Gig with a 800 Mhz FSB and hyper-threading.Woo-Hoo,gotta get some new games.Tax refund put to hopefully good use.

"Instant karma gonna get you,gonna knock you right in the head,better get yourself together,pretty soon you're gonna be dead" John Lennon
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    What brand did you buy? Who'd you get it from? What are all the specs? I am about to began my search for a new one... or maybe I'll build it myself, again.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Instant KarmaInstant Karma Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doug,I had been shopping for months and decided on a Cyberpower system.Check their website at cyberpower.com and I think you will come to the same conclusion I did.Can't beat their config. options or their price.Zdnet tested several and reported they were a great value.