In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some will disagree, but I don't.

2»

Comments

• NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Bow to the Queen. Thats a little outdated. And yes you have been
    doing quite well, Bush has been looking after you the last 3 years.
    Seems strange that you can't see past the nose on your face.You
    certainly don't have to listen to my opinion, after all it is still
    only an opinion. A good majority of us Canucks up here in winterland
    support President Bush and his straight forward approach to the
    threat of terrorism. He says what he means and he means what he says.
    That is a trait of a real leader. If your good Friend Clinton had
    taken the threat of terrorism seriously the world trade Center
    would still be standing, but then who could say ,it would have to
    be taken seriously and that would take some baalls.
    Its pretty plain to see that you might talk tuff as long as it doesn't
    take any sacrifice on your part. Just be thankful that as much as the
    terrorists would like to slit your throat, Bush has your back covered.
    Its a real shame when you see people making statements they no nothing
    about, Bashing your own president brings out you best quality's

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    This country is fed up with the likes of John Kerry. He is too far left, ....

According to several polls, Kerry beats Bush head to head.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man

According to the polls about a month ago, Howard Dean was the odds on favorite to win the Democratic nomination. Kerry wasn't even a close second. What happened? Were the polls wrong?
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    NOSLEEP, thanks for the support. Maybe you being from the 'outside looking in' to our country just might wake some people up.

Then again, there are those that hate Bush no matter what he does. They all easily 'forget' that if Clinton had been doing his job, instead of Monica, the WTC would probably still be standing tall.

And, do any of you think Osama wanted to stop when his organization brought down the towers? I don't think that at all. I think when he saw his success, it only made him want to hurt us more. He probably had more attacks planned, but it's kinda hard to stay on the offensive when you're ducking bombs and bullets.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of these nay sayers will never know the protection that they have been given by the people caught before any instances of activity have been done. But because thier reply is nothing happened, then Bush was in the wrong. So sad that ignorence is bliss. But then it is also fodder for the critics.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All politics aside concerning 2004....
    and back to the post....

My short Texas, semi-redneck answer regarding Saddam/Iraq..

He simply needed an As*kickin and got it...

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    It sure is funny watching Republicans try and come up with reasons to support the invasion, since the reason that was originally stated, Saddam having stockpiles of Weapons of mass destruction, has been discredited. You guys better be nervous. While this business that WMDs were not found, even though that was the reason for going to war,might not matter to party loyalists, it seems everyone else is less than sympathetic to the "hey there are no wmds, but the world is a better place" defense.
    This will be the final nail in George Bushs reelection coffin.
    Say hello to Kerry in 2004.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    Kerry in 04, please Salzo. I have $50.00 that sez your wrong. Are ya game?

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.

I have $50.00 to add to it.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    When was the last time we've had this high a deficit in federal government?When was the last time we had so many jobs leave the country>?When was the last time we or the U.S.A. had to bail so many big business out of hot water?At what time in or history did a president try to buy votes from ellegal aliens?Why did we have to rescue muslims from thier own government?Who placed sodam insane in power?Where is the guy that caused 911?Why didn't we go after him first?What is a conservative?What have they conserved?Why did we really go to war?
    edited November -1
    I find this thread interesting otherwise I would leave it alone.
    You will have to go back to school to understand the answers Victor.

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    It sure is funny watching Republicans try and come up with reasons to support the invasion, since the reason that was originally stated, Saddam having stockpiles of Weapons of mass destruction, has been discredited. You guys better be nervous. While this business that WMDs were not found, even though that was the reason for going to war,might not matter to party loyalists, it seems everyone else is less than sympathetic to the "hey there are no wmds, but the world is a better place" defense.
    This will be the final nail in George Bushs reelection coffin.
    Say hello to Kerry in 2004.

-Jimmy the cheese man
    Kerry in 04, please Salzo. I have $50.00 that sez your wrong. Are ya game?

JC

I have $50.00 to add to it.

No use Dcon, he already wormed his way outta going with Kerry.[:0]

JC

edited November -1
    Offer still stands.

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharkman69
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    This country is fed up with the likes of John Kerry. He is too far left, ....

According to several polls, Kerry beats Bush head to head.

-Jimmy the cheese man

According to the polls about a month ago, Howard Dean was the odds on favorite to win the Democratic nomination. Kerry wasn't even a close second. What happened? Were the polls wrong?

I did not mention the polls to indicate that Kerry was an assured win-I mentioned the poll to dispute that "this country is fed up with the likes of John Kerry...He is too far left."

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOSLEEP
    Bow to the Queen. Thats a little outdated. And yes you have been
    doing quite well, Bush has been looking after you the last 3 years.

I thought we broke from the crown a lot longer than 3 years ago.
    Let me explain something to you- the function of the president in the United States is not to "look after" us. The presidents function is to administer our governments affairs. I know this must be hard for you to understand, being that you are a subject who must bow to the Queen. We do not bow to a queen, and we do not have a queen "looking after" us. Im not criticizing the fact that you folks need royalty-you all are like little children, needing a queen to "look after" and take care of you.
    But in this country, we have just a president.
    God save the Queen[;)]

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    sounds good on paper but actions speak louder than words. as long as we allow things like hip hop gang bang music and violence on tv, yes...and janet j, the world will view us as double standard and two faced. its for this reason we are hated. we say one thing and do the other. we need to get our whole act together as a nation or its going to be a never ending circle of loss and war. thus the saying, 'God bless america?' no.....'amercia, bless God.' Once God is in charge, things will change, otherwise humanisism is bound to fail, regardless of the political side you choose.

While I agree something HAD to be done about Irac,I have to say that IF the administration LIED to convince all to attack then ,THEY are as reprehensible as the rest. Morality starts at the top (or should) and trickles downhill.....Should'nt the President and his men be held to the same standard as everyone else?...Oh ya,the people feel its OK for a president to have extra-marital oral sex inside the white house...forget it....
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John Kerry as a president? I doubt it. Why? Liberal, Kennedy clone, Gigolo, flip-fops on everything, doesn't have as much campaign money as Bush unless his very, very rich wife throws in the John Heinz fortune, will not carry one southern state and very few western states, he called fellow Vietnam vets murderers and baby killers.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackieBooger
    John Kerry as a president? I doubt it. ..... will not carry one southern state and very few western states, .....

I disagree. I dont think Kerry needs to win the Southern states to win the presidency. In 2000, Bush took the South. And if the election results were THE SAME as 2000, I see Bush having to come up with another 25 electoral votes to win.Florida was a mess. But considering the Buchanan vote, and the Nader vote, I think it is unlikely Bush will win in Florida this time around.
    So where will he get those 25 electoral college votes when he loses Florida?
    Pennsylvania? Forget it-PA is going Democrat.
    New York?
    California?
    There is no way he is going to be able to win 25 more electoral votes than he won(exempting Florida) in 2000.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PA Dem? Likely, but Fast Eddie is on track to raise taxes again, soooo, I wouldnt put PA down as a Dem win just yet. He will probably carry Filphy, but Spitsburgh has a Dem wildman in as mayor. Just raised parking taxes by 50%, lost 3 major retail businesses that 5 years ago the taxpayers floated loans for, none of which has EVER paid a dime in taxes thanks to the mayors deal.

Those people who see nothing but grey areas, no black and white, are lost in the fog.
    edited November -1
    Varmintmist-Are you aware that in the 2000 election Philadelphia had a voter turnout OVER 99% Completely uneard of, but somehow, just about everyone who was registered to vote in Philly, turned out to vote. I think no matter what happens, Philly will overwhelmingly vote Democrat-and even if they didnt, the people counting the votes will make up for any "errors".

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    99% huh? Nope didn't know that, but if you are looking to suprize me it aint working.

Everytime I think about the Dem voting maching I think of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "Bring out your dead" DONGGGGGGGG

Those people who see nothing but grey areas, no black and white, are lost in the fog.
    edited November -1
    Varmintmist-Are you aware that in the 2000 election Philadelphia had a voter turnout OVER 99% Completely uneard of, but somehow, just about everyone who was registered to vote in Philly, turned out to vote. I think no matter what happens, Philly will overwhelmingly vote Democrat-and even if they didnt, the people counting the votes will make up for any "errors".

-Jimmy the cheese man

Who is the mayor of Philly. A mayor Daley clone.

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    John Kerry as a president? I doubt it. ..... will not carry one southern state and very few western states, .....

I disagree. I dont think Kerry needs to win the Southern states to win the presidency. In 2000, Bush took the South. And if the election results were THE SAME as 2000, I see Bush having to come up with another 25 electoral votes to win.Florida was a mess. But considering the Buchanan vote, and the Nader vote, I think it is unlikely Bush will win in Florida this time around.
    New York?
    California?
    There is no way he is going to be able to win 25 more electoral votes than he won(exempting Florida) in 2000.

-Jimmy the cheese man

Salzo, how about Wisconsin, Oregon, New Mexico, Minn, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and Maine that went democratic in 2000. Most of these states were real close in vote totals. Kerry will have to keep these in the democracts column in order to win, which I don't think he will especially if the economy continues to improve. There is always a job lag once the economy starts picking up. Job increases should come into play just before the election. Also if you remember the economy was in pretty good shape when Gore ran and the Demcorats still couldn't win. Some of the Industrial states, like Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin that Gore won narrowly will be hard to hold.

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Varmintmist
    99% huh? Nope didn't know that, ...

I am not suprised you were not aware of that. If you blinked, you missed it. I saw it reported in 2 newspapers, and never heArd a peep about it on any news network. The media was so busy trying to make a case for voter fraud in Florida, that they did not have time to report where voter fraud was completely obvious.

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1

New York?
    California?

-Jimmy the cheese man

Salzo, how about Wisconsin, Oregon, New Mexico, Minn, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and Maine that went democratic in 2000. Most of these states were real close in vote totals. Kerry will have to keep these in the democracts column in order to win, which I don't think he will especially if the economy continues to improve. There is always a job lag once the economy starts picking up. Job increases should come into play just before the election. Also if you remember the economy was in pretty good shape when Gore ran and the Demcorats still couldn't win. Some of the Industrial states, like Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin that Gore won narrowly will be hard to hold.

Blackie-First off this is all speculation on my part. With respect to Wisconsin, Feingold is running this year. And they love Feingold in Wisconsin, and with him running, I see that as a plus for the democrat presidential candidate. New Mexico was very close, but that state does not have many electoral votes. So if Bush wins that state, its not much of a pick up. I would say maybe to Minnisota, do to the fact that they just elected a Republican Senator in 2000, and momentum might be with Republicans in that state. But Michigan, Illinois,Oregon, Iowa-I dont think it was that close in 2000, and I dont see much of a change for 2004. Even if he picks up a couple of those states, I dont think, with the inclusion of New Mexico, it adds up to the 25 needed.

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Salzo.. your immaturity is profound, your lack of political knowledge
    is painfully evident in your posts.
    I'm done. Have a nice day.. [:)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOSLEEP
    Salzo.. your immaturity is profound, your lack of political knowledge
    is painfully evident in your posts.
    I'm done. Have a nice day.. [:)]

Okey Dokey. Say high to the queen MUM for me.[:o)]

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Salzo, Electoral votes as follows: Iowa 7, Maine 4, Wisconsin 10, oregon 7, New Mexico 5, Minn 10, Michigan 17, Iowa 7 for total of 67 up for grabs. If Bush wins wisconsin, minn, new mexico, and oregon that will give him 32. Plus I don't think Kerry would take Florida anyways.
    I used to argue politics all the time with my dad who was a die-hard Roosevelt Democrat. He once told me he voted for a Republican president (IKE) only once in his life and that was a big mistake. It would be great if he was still around to argue you with.

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    Salzo, Electoral votes as follows: Iowa 7, Maine 4, Wisconsin 10, oregon 7, New Mexico 5, Minn 10, Michigan 17, Iowa 7 for total of 67 up for grabs. If Bush wins wisconsin, minn, new mexico, and oregon that will give him 32. Plus I don't think Kerry would take Florida anyways.

Thanks for the list. I did not realize that Michigan had so many, but I still dont think so. I dont think he wins Michigan(UNION!!). But if he does, and you give him New Mexico(possible) and Minnesota(possible) he can win the eletion. And the way I see it(again, pure speculation) the only ones he can win are new mexico and maine, minnesota ,giving him 19(and I believe Maine is not an all or nothing state, but I could be wrong). No way on Iowa(I am betting that Gephardt will be the VP candidate).
    If you are correct about Florida, none of it matters anyway. But if Kerry does win, Bush has to win in Michigan, I dont see thAT happening. Watch Michigan become the state to watch in 2004. Guess we will know soon enough whats going to happen.

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Blackie-I just realized that I did not factor in the fact that the electoral college distribution changed since the last election. Some of the bigger states(Democrat) lost electoral college votes, PA, NY, CA, and I think Florida. While some of the "republican states picked up a few -Arizona, Texas and others that I cant remember.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1

New York?
    California?

-Jimmy the cheese man

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif

Can't prove that the economy is all rosy here in MAINE bud,Mills closed,folks outa work,shutdowns,layoffs.....Maybe down at mall haven along New Hampshire but certainly not in the rest of the state.....