In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Honesty...

WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
Thought you all might enjoy this one...

Why lawyers should never ask a witness a question if they aren't prepared
>for the answer:
>
>In a trial, a Southern small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand -- a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
>
>She responded, "Why, yes I do know you, Mr.Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."
>
>The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?"
>
>She again replied, "Why yes, I do. I've known Mr.Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three
>different women. Yes, I know him."
>
>The defense attorney almost died. The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench, and in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you meanies asks her if she knows me, you'll be jailed for contempt."
>

WyomingSwede

Comments