In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ken and Barbie are getting a Divorce...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
How absurd is this?!?! Last night on the news, I heard that the toy maker has decided that Ken and Barbie are going to have a divorce. Isn't it bad enough that the institution of the family is assaulted by society every day?! Do we now need toy makers indoctrinating our children with the idea that divorce is the norm?!! I think I might just have to stop buying my daughter Barbie products, over this.[:(][V][:(!]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated

Comments

• BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Anything for a buck![V]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    You do know that Barbie is a witch with a b, & Ken is gay?
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I did not know thay were married[:0]. Will thay be on Jerry Springer?
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought Barbie was hooked up with G.I. Joe and Ken's new thing is Queer Eye.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TOOLS1
    I did not know thay were married[:0]. Will thay be on Jerry Springer?
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

[:D]I didn't either[:D]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    With tthe growing popularity of Gay/Lesbian crap She will probably come out, butch up, cut her hairbuy ugly clothes and and move in with Skipper (Bull Dyke Barbie)[;)]

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    If Barbie's so popular, why do you have to keep buying her friend's ???
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that is true that they are getting divorced, then next, Ken will probably go gay.

About 20 years ago they did come out with a homo doll. My gang of medics saw a show on it on the news when we were at work, we never laughed so hard. This was called the Gay Bob doll. The box that Gay Bob doll came in was configured as a closet. Get it, when you took Gay Bob out of the package, he was coming out of the closet.
    True story.

http://www.meta-gizmo.com/Tri/Ts/*.html
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is that the rare Gay Bob doll must be going for big bucks on FeeBay.... [:D]

Next will be Hedonist Divorced Ken and Tramp Barbie. Ken will have a Playboy pipe, slippers and smoking jacket; Barbie will be dressed in too much lipstick and a too-short skirt... [8D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I thought Ken left Barbie years ago for GI Joe or some robotic man..

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, the degeneration of the American family pays my bills...

I'm sure it will be a fault divorce with Ken claiming adultery and Barbie claiming cruelty and drug abuse...

Who get's the pink Corvette?

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If gays can marry then why not the next step in "plasticizing (sp?)" the value system ... let's you kid's dolls get married.

Heck, they've been performing marriage ceremonies for animals for a long time ... think that one stated in Calif. (suprise) and spread East.

Just remember, they can make the toys or other products, but you vote with your pocket book (or credit card).

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, not to worry. My G.I. Joe is a certified lesbian de-programmer.
    She'll be back in a thong in no time. [;)]
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Well she couldn't do the math before so why should she have any sense now?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    the toy maker has decided that Ken and Barbie are going to have a divorce.
    They were never married. Barbie is leaving Ken, because they've been together for more than forty years, and Ken still hasn't proposed to Barbie.[}:)]

Jacqueline
    www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Got a joke, how come barbie never got pregnant cuz Ken always came in another box. hahahaha

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I'm devestated.... will somebody please let me know where I should send all of Ken's stuff from the Dream House...?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    Got a joke, how come barbie never got pregnant cuz Ken always came in another box. hahahaha
    Actually, there was a pregnant Barbie, but she upset a lot of [conservative] people, and she was quickly yanked off the shelves. (Barbie even gave birth!) If you have the "Happy Family" Barbie doll, it's pretty collectible.

HAPPY_FAMILY2B.jpg

Jacqueline
    www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    select-fire, you gotta come over and clean up the beer I spit all over my keyboard for that one!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

How'bout it? I onager at work but then I think "JOB SECURIY"....Unfortunately, the degeneration of the American family pays my bills...

I'm sure it will be a fault divorce with Ken claiming adultery and Barbie claiming cruelty and drug abuse...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I'm afraid I don't understand the mis-quote...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid, gi joe and his buddies would come in, kick the chit out of ken, and have their way with Barbie and her little friends....all except the 'sailor' gi joe......he seemed sensitive, and nurturing, and he and Ken became great friends....almost inseparable. in fact, they seemed content to share tanning and wardrobe secrets amongst themselves. They spent many a happy hour, talking about Liberace, and how hot he was in his costume, possibly because of the high button collars and the tv lights, and listening to the village people's newest offing. One of the most memorable moments I ever had as a youth was the incredibly moving version of 'oklahoma' that ken, sailor joe, and ken's friends once put on as a lark. oh what a time they had........

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    rcrxmike- [:D][:D][:D]
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being that they're both not "anatomically correct," I don't think the marriage was ever consummated.[:D] The article on cnn.com was hilarious.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/02/12/offbeat.barbie.breakup.ap/index.html

quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Unfortunately, the degeneration of the American family pays my bills...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo