In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pocket gun update

badwrenchbadwrench Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Was out and about today and stopped in at a local gun shop and found a Taurus PT22 for $100. Excellent shape, some carry wear, but I don't think it has been fired much, if at all. Comes with the box and papers, blued with wood grips and NO GOLD PLATING! I pick it up on 8/6 (stupid waiting period!).

They had a few other compacts, but the Taurus is the only one that I liked/could afford, although they did have a very nice old Colt .32. I narrowed it down to the Taurus and a Sterling, but the Sterling was $50 more, and not in as good of shape.

Thanks to everyone for their input on my previous threads[:D]

Chrome don't get you home. RatRodz.gif

Comments

• Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    A neighbor had a Sterling, model 312, I think it was. Nice stainless piece, looked like it was quality, but when I posted for info, I heard a long list of problems, starting with the firing pin breaking after light use.

I had my AMT45 Backup apart for a detail clean the other day. It looks very well made, with over-engineered parts, like it should last a long time. And my copy is machined beautifully. Don't believe everything bad you hear about them.
  • Options
    1armbandit1armbandit Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of the small 22lr semiautos prefer one ammo to another. Some gobble up anything you put in them while others like only 1 or 2 brands. So if you run into any reliability issues, be prepared to do a little experimenting.

I wish you the best.

Bandit

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
    --General George S. Patton, Jr.