In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Springfield XD .40

deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Picked up one yesterday at fair price. Took it out and a box thru it today. It shot OK but nothing outstanding. Just wondering if anyone else has any comments ?? This is the first gun of this type for me. Always wanted to shoot a Glock but couldn't get by all that ugly. What kind of accuracy can I expect? [:p]

Parsons.gif
0.jpg
When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I've got an XD40 on lay-away. 2 more months it's mine!! [:D]

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don, sometime when I'm up in your neck of the woods we can hook up and you can shoot my Glock 10mm's. Even if you can't bring yourself to own a Glock maybe I can get ya hooked on the 10mm cartridge.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bambihunter - I have a 1006 Smith in my toybox. Only took it out once. Is a good round IMHO.

-Don

Parsons.gif
    0.jpg
    When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Always wanted to shoot a Glock but couldn't get by all that ugly. What kind of accuracy can I expect?

I have never owned either but have shot several Glocks, I personally cannot imagine someone finding an XD more attractive. Not that either are exactly beauty queens. It seems to me the dealers and gun writers really push the XD's and compare them to Glocks...Me and Kidd C got into this discussion at a gunshop a couple of weeks ago. I was denouncing the XD Sub-Compact (which is like calling a Smith & Wesson model 29 compact) anyway the dealer produced one from his person and began to tell us how superior it was to a Glock. It was already showing finish wear, but was relatively new, and when placed next to a mini Glock it was clear that the XD was not compact.... let alone subcompact.