In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

knife knuts

RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
edited February 2004 in General Discussion

Comments

• cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other than it being a Boker USA, which isn't that desirable to most collectors and the fact he calls it stag in the title...NO. It's common to call jigged bone...bone stag and it was an effective way to get you to look, he does say it's jigged bone in the description.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Nope, thats not the problem I was talking about [:D]

It's 2 AM and im bored ,I guess its really not that big of a deal.
    edited November -1
    Ok, now you got me lookin hard cause I collect knifes, mostly Case (older) and Keen Kutter as far as factory. The small blade looks short, could have been cleaned. The etch looks odd, but I wouldn't think this knife would be worth the trouble to re-etch. What is it???
    edited November -1
    And where's his other finger[:D][:D]
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    In the first pic, both blades are locked in the half open position. This is a no-no with knives that share a single back spring.
    edited November -1
    Of course I know that, but you had me looking for something less obvious and more devious. I saw a guy at a nice cutlery shop do this to an OLD Case Canoe and the owner about came unglued. I also won't let someone handle my old pearl knives without telling them not to open opposing blades or let them slam closed. And don't drop it either!!!