In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

horse or gun

juantd09juantd09 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
I got 2 grand out of the bank yesterday and I can't decide whether to get my 12 year old his first horse with some nice gear or get a an m1a I've had my eye on for months and maybe 1-2 more guns.It will be months till a have this much cash in my hands again so which should I choose?

J0HN

Comments

• Options
    FW357FW357 Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a thousand dollar horse, there has to be plenty of those around, and then buy the M1, and you should still have a couple hundred to enjoy.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong. Magnum Force
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Your kid will only be that age once and a horse will keep him busy and out of trouble and teach him responsibility. You got what you need, now give the kid what he needs. [:I]
  • Options
    BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun. You won't have to feed it.[:D]

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • Options
    hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with daddo, you can always find another gun you only get one chance with the kids

Mike
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Need a good horse for a kid?
    I see your in Texas,like me.My daughter has an excellent
    beginner gelding for sale.About 17 years old,does barrels,
    and just about anything else she wants it to do.I'm not sure
    what she wants for him,but a I think it's in the $1500 range.
    That will leave you $500 for feed for a year.She lives and breathes
    horses.Trains(horses&riders), she's into roping,barrels,Dressage(spelling)and anything else horse related.Interested?

Take care of the kid,you only get one chance.
    The guns will always be there.Where are you?

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Talked it over with the wife and I decided to get the horse. Going to get it first thing in the morning. Going to spend 1 grand on it plus fed and gear gives me about 100 hundred left. I'll probably take the family out to dinner with it.

J0HN
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Come here to KY and buy your son a real nice horse and all tack for less than $1000 then buy the m1a as well as the other 2 maybe. Horses are at an all time low her in Ky. I am talking about good riding horses such as Tenn. Walkers, Racking horses, paso finos, quarter horses, or any thing else except a dang race horse. I could have bought a registored Tenn. Walker yearling a couple of weeks ago for $150 but I have 9 already with one mare in foal. Most of mine are registered KY Mountain but even those are cheap now. Everyone has horses here. Good saddles go for $100 or less! Got any guns to trade for horses? Many around here would trade a horse for a gun anytime due to the horse market being so low. What type of horse are you looking for for your son?
  • Options
    bmbuzlrbmbuzlr Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the guns! Horses die, guns are forever!

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered by the blood of tyrants."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here in South Texas horses run from 400-1500. The one I'm getting is paso from a neighboring ranch so its used to the 100+ temperatures. Got a horse KY last year but traded it.

J0HN