In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

here's the story...

maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
it was all my fault. i messed up everything. and now it's too late to fix it. michelle has decided that she wont accept my apologies. now she will be moving out soon. i guess im going to have a great valentine's day.

men, swallow your pride. if only i had wised up sooner, it wouldn't be this way. she may have taken me back, but now its too late. now all i want is to die. please pray for me

maggiethecat.jpg

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    You don't want to die. You think you do, but you don't.

I have been where you are, more than once. I know your pain.

I also know it is survivable. YOU WILL SURVIVE.

IT WILL GET BETTER.

And you will become stronger because of it.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I've been where you are too. I'm married to wife #3 now, and am happier with her than I could have ever been with the other 2 rolled into one!

Wife no. 1. I had two sons with. They were 3 and 1 when we divorced. Not seeing them every day, I felt just like you do, I wanted to die. But I figured that's what she wanted, and decided to stay alive, if for no other reason than to P her off! One year later, she gave me my boys, saying she couldn't handle them!!!!!

That was a long time ago. Now, my sons are married and I have 3 beautiful grandchildren, the newest one born last Christmas Eve.

If I had 'died' back then, I'd never have known the joy of finally finding a good woman to put up with my crap, and I'd have never known my grandchildren.

Wife no. 2. Thank god we didn't have any children. No real story there, but when she dies, Satan will appoint her as his main Gate Keeper.

You stated it was all your fault. I don't know what happened, but 99.9% of the time, no one is completely at fault. It takes two to make it good, and two to make it bad.

Hang in there, take it one day at a time. If it does or doesn't work out with Michelle, just make sure you don't make whatever mistake you made in the future.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope all works out OK, actually I'm sure it will. One way or another, you're remembered in my prayers.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Chris,

Give Michelle my phone number and tell her to call me. You call me too. Young people make lots of mistakes. If they learn from them, it can be a good thing. Sandy could have kicked me to the curb many times, but she worked through it with me instead. When I married her, I thought there was no way I could ever love her more than I did at that time. Boy was I wrong. I love her more today than anyone could ever imagine. I care deeply for both of you, and I would hate to see the two of you give in when it could have been worked through. You are a good man, she is a good woman. Those kids are top notch in my eyes. I will help you any way I can.

You both have my prayers.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Making mistakes is a human thing. All of use humans do it. What makes us a better person is how we deal and learn from the mistakes. It is easy to run away and do some thing that makes us believe that if I do this then I can never make this mistake again. Who learns from this? We are the student then the teacher then the student again. Think positive and positive things will happen. We were put on this earth for a reason I will beleive nothing less. Do the right thing as often as you can or you will. Teach others to do the same. Make this place we live in a better place. My 2 cents. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am 30 years old and have been in your shoes many times, the one thing i learned from all that hurt was you cant change someones feelings, If they bail on you once and you convince them to come back
    its just the matter of time before she bails on you again.I am NOT pinning the whole thing on the woman its a TWO WAY thing if its
    not working out for a couple the Best thing(and hardest)to do is call it quits then regroup and move on in search of someone that is compatable with you and your lifestyle,If you thought she was the one
    let me remind you of the hundreds or maybe thousands of other woman
    in your area that MAYBE perfect for you.The only thing that will
    make you feel better is to move on......You cant squeze blood from a rock,trust me. Good luck brother[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    No preaching here buddy, but, remember our conversations when we were driving to visit Nunn and he was having the same feelings. A few months later and he's "healed" and happy with his new life.

No one can help right now no matter how we try, or what we say. Things just happen in our lives and we grow with it. It's like a smashed thumb, just a different kind of pain, it'll feel better when it stops hurting is about all you can say.

I'll give you a call here in a bit if you want to talk. I've got to pick up a new 410 at the shop if you want to meet me there today.
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there, man!

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind drifts off and I
    start thinking about guns I'd like to own.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I don't really know what's going on here,but I see a lot of good advise offered.Keep your chin up.Prayers are sent w/more to come.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever happens is meant to happen... I find this is always the best way to look at "negative" situations.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The grief process is always there for any change. And most of us have been in your shoes, walked the same path, and through the grace of God came out on the other side. Great advise up above, hang in there.

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hang in there my Brother!

At least you didn't lose a pet...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there MAGGIE, we know it hurts we now it hurts bad but ya' got to hang in there talk to DHEFFLEY it always help to just be able to talk to someone God Bless.
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "this to shall pass" hang in there maggie

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"