In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So, who all owns a .500 S&W?

PieceofpaperPieceofpaper Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
How many of you forum goers got a .500 S&W? Please show a pic!!

Comments

• Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    this has been asked before I belive.

[}:)][;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tazzer

You believed wrong.

[?][?][?]
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--I've got one, but it's pretty shy for pictures--Looks just like the S&W advertisement--[:o)][:o)]--JIMBO
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pieceofpaper
    quote:Originally posted by tazzer

You believed wrong.

[?][?][?]

I thought someone had asked it before because I remember Zip posting some pic of his but iv beeen wrong before [^][^][:D][:D]
  • Options
    The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I thought someone had asked it before because I remember Zip posting some pic of his but iv beeen wrong befor

He did...semms like member "posp" wuz too lazy ta go lookin fer it...Lazy "pos"...
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I've got one and it's a well built and fun to shoot gun! Don't like the $1.50 a shell, but reloading makes it affordable.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Nah thanks - too weak.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put a pack of baby wipes with the gun in the counter at the store....and called it the "Bear attack kit."
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    2-.jpg

I think it's the one at the top.

I always confuse them![:D]
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    I had to choose between a 500 S & W (exactly like Zipper's) or a Pedersoli 45/70.....I picked the Sharps remake.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    ... I had the same problem (really) ... so ... I also got a Marlin Guide GS and a '95 Cowboy.

Now I'm three times happier than before!

The .45-70 is a fine choice because of the wonderful reloads that you
    can feed the modern .45-70's!
    [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I love my Marlin .45-70 guide gun, its the one gun that absolutely goes with me everytime I go shooting. I originally planned on getting a .45-70 BFR, but ended up with a .500 BFR because it was only $510, ill definately get a .45-70 BFR in the future.
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pieceofpaper
    I love my Marlin .45-70 guide gun, its the one gun that absolutely goes with me everytime I go shooting. I originally planned on getting a .45-70 BFR, but ended up with a .500 BFR because it was only $510, ill definately get a .45-70 BFR in the future.

contact magnum research and have them make .50 beowulf cylinder for your 500 S&W, i'm loking for a deal like you got on your 500 BFR, i have a 45-70 bfr with 10" barrel and love it, i have a beowulf in AR, now i want a bfr beowulf as well
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The local FFL whose transferring my .500 said he's ordering a custom 10" BFR chambered in .50-90 because he loved the .45-70 BFR so much.

Will .50 Beowolf work with the .500 S&W bore?
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the .50 beowulf,.500 S&W and the .50AE all use the same .500 diameter bullet, i've already contacted Magnum research about making the cylinder, if i remember right send them the 500BFR they'll make and custom fit the new cylinder for 350, but you cant shoot the S&W out of the wulf cylinder, they use different methods of headspacing, i've also been looking at using 45-90 cartridges in the 45-70 cylinder in my BFR, currently i've found no reason why you couldnt shoot the 45-90 from the 45-70