In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gatling guns ak-47

bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Found this site almost hard to belive its legal watch the videos it would be fun but expensive

http://www.gatlingguns.com/

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 10-/22 ver and it is a blast. Cheap to shoot too. Although the original kit works fine, I modeled the whole thing, made some improvements (many cosmetic), and produced my own. If you get one and have a friend that has a machine shop, I can give you some suggestions. Little things like using shoulder screws where SHCS are used and inserting teflon washers between moving mateing surfaces.

Have fun.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • bantherfoosebantherfoose Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff
    I have the 10-/22 ver and it is a blast. Cheap to shoot too. Although the original kit works fine, I modeled the whole thing, made some improvements (many cosmetic), and produced my own. If you get one and have a friend that has a machine shop, I can give you some suggestions. Little things like using shoulder screws where SHCS are used and inserting teflon washers between moving mateing surfaces.

Have fun.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>

I heard the 10/22 version jams a lot, is that true?
    edited November -1
    I have not had a jam problem. The only real difference from just holding and shooting a 10/22 is that the mags are horizontal and the firing rate is high. That rate might be why some guys have trouble. Maybe a real expert (as opposed to Jeff!) can tell us if Ruger publishes a max rate. My guess is that they don't but some member might have tried to determine this themselves.

• robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    I was curious about these myself. Sounds like a real blast to shoot. I'd love the 10/22 set-up but if the guns jam alot it kind of defeats the purpose of having the rapid fire. The AK-47 one looks a bit odd but could be a heck of a lot of fun. Very powerful too. I've heard the tripods on these things are pretty poopy. Is this true or not?

signew.JPG

"In a world of compromise, some don't."

anim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gif

Utica.gif
    edited November -1
    The tripod on the 10/22 model is OK. I just changed the hole shape in the beams and did some blending. The more I think about this I bet the AK ver would shoot better. After all, the AK was made to shoot full auto too. The Ruger was not.

• timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    on that same sight are some 1/2 pound exploding targets they are also a pretty fun way to kill an afternoon[:D] TIM