In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Pope says there is no Hell!

NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Bible does it state that if you aren't accepted into heaven you will not have everlasting life. So it's about time to Catholics come to realization with what the Bible says
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I very seriously recommend everyone watch the T.V. series on the popes Sunday night right after the "Kennedys".
    They were not nice[}:)] men, neither were the Kennedys.
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slightly shocked when I read it, but there were some additional pieces of info in other articles that indicated it was out of context from a discussion and not a proper quote or official interview. So either misquoted or soon to be a clarifier put out?
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pope Francis says, "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

Seems rather cut and dry to me. "No Hell" means "No Hell".

I guess if you don't get into Heaven you just vanish.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whooo Hooo, says all the pervert catholics.

BTW, the current pretender or fake pope is not Christian NOR Catholic. And the jerk has the audacity to pick on Donald, one of the things that I do admire about Trump. His faith and his family.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that we need to limit these non-firearms discussions to either sex or politics.

Neal
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    Pope Francis says, "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

I believe this also
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The Jehovah witnesses have preaching that for decades.And The pope is just now catching up with them.[:D]

serf

John Lennon says there isn't either one, however! I think they are both wrong.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    + 1 I use to talk with any one I worked with about there religion if one I knew little about (OK well that's all of them really )
    ( J.W. ..basic explained to me this way your a loving parent your not going to send your kid to hell for eternal punishment and nether is god going to send his children you just fade away basically )

quote:Originally posted by serf

The Jehovah witnesses have preaching that for decades.And The pope is just now catching up with them.[:D]

serf

John Lennon says there isn't either one, however! I think they are both wrong.
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One should read the bible from beginning to end, and then reread and study. It is quit clear, and all truth. Yes there is a hell. No god doesn't put you in hell, you place your self in hell. To avoid hell you place your faith in Jesus Christ, there is no other way to be saved.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like talk about faith is again okay on GBGD... What's next half naked women?[:p]
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No hell? Pope Sicola obviously hasn't been to Newark[:D]
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the church got themselves a problem with this pope. The least of his problems are that he is a full blown communist. If he lives for 30 more years the catholic church will be dead and buried.

As far as the Hell issue, I obviously don't know but I'm guessing that this is wishful thinking on the popes part. Being the man who will probably kill off the Catholic church, the pope is pretty much guaranteed a special, extra nasty spot in Hell.

Good, evil. Up, down. Heaven, Hell. Heads, tails. Is it possible to have anything that doesn't have two sides??
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hard to believe anything he says till the church (one of the wealthiest entities in the world) starts to spend over the tiny token of its wealth on any form of social agenda... i read vatican city took in ONE (1) family as a welfare share
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't go to Mass because of the POPE...I go for my benefit...When asked for prayer on this forum, I think its good that all religions are accepted...When facing death are discomfort, we are all on the same page...I have seen professed Atheist ask for Gods help!...so, does the pope have a say in the matter?..only if he is god, which he is not...The Catechism of the Church is a mystery...all religions are a mystery..And when prayers are answered,we thank God...who is the Supreme Being...Popes come and go, and this one will go...I have seen an influx in our church of a growing congregation..Peace...
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He never met my first wife.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Pope is wrong! The Pope is wrong! There is a hell. I went to one small corner of it when I attended first four years at Catholic school!
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Oh great! Now where am I going to go? [}:)]

The Cardinals ought to peck out this nutjobs eyes.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IBTL....this is why religious discussions used to not be allowed. SHUT HER DOWN!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Hades and Sheol are the terms used in the original Greek and Hebrew, respectively. The KJV translates those terms into English as "hell" 54 times.

It's always associated with a negative connotation of one type or another. For example:

Luke 16:23 (Jesus is speaking) And in hell [Hades] he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.?

Interestingly, in REV 20:14, the bible says the following:
    Rev_20:14? And death and hell [Hades] were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

My conclusion is either the pope hasn't bothered to read any scripture, disbelieves it, or is lying about what it says. Not sure which of these would be worse, IMO.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The person writing the article does NOT USE a recorder or take notes.

The person writing the article is an avowed atheist.

The National Catholic Reporter says:
    https://www.ncronline.org/news/vatican/vatican-claim-pope-denied-hells-existence-unreliable
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imagine if you will....

I have two daughters, I love them very much. I expect them to respect me and live their lives in a positive way.

However if they didn't respect me or live decently I would not banish them to a creation of hell.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jesus preached a lot on hell. I'd take his word over the pope's.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The lake of fire descried in the bible is hell.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In regard to unsaved souls, it is recorded in Psalms and Isaiah that they will not be remembered, all memory of them will be erased. It will be as if they never existed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Imagine if you will....

I have two daughters, I love them very much. I expect them to respect me and live their lives in a positive way.

However if they didn't respect me or live decently I would not banish them to a creation of hell.

Imagine, if you will two girls. One loves you and one hates you and you adopt the one who loves you.

More accurate.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    The lake of fire descried in the bible is hell.
    No, because hell is cast into the lake of fire. (see above)
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I'm betting the devil says, their is no God too!
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guess you non believers have never been to one of my wifes family reunions...............
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Devil says there is no pope.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    He'd be correct too!

quote:Originally posted by kannoneer
    Devil says there is no pope.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    None of this explains Hellboy, where he came from and how he got here.[}:)]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,262 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no hell? What about all those priests, who were banging 12 year old, innocent, altar boys? What about the officials in the Catholic Church, probably including the pope, who covered up for these perverts, did not report them to law enforcement, and simply transferred them to another parish "out of state" where they could continue their perverse acts?

All of those involved are going to hell, straight to hell.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    of course there isn't a Hell. it's just a temporary detainment, for an indefinite period of time, of undocumented saved people, at an elevated temperature.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by waltermoe
    One should read the bible from beginning to end, and then reread and study. It is quit clear, and all truth. Yes there is a hell. No god doesn't put you in hell, you place your self in hell. To avoid hell you place your faith in Jesus Christ, there is no other way to be saved.

I agree with the above. I've read the Bible more than once and listened to it being read numerous times but I'm still not an expert on the Bible. I believe at the minimum anybody telling me "It's in the Bible" should have read at least that part of the Bible, and if I hear something that sounds unfamiliar I check it at the source before I decide to believe it.

Some people might be surprised how interesting the Bible is, especially after they get past the "Begats".

If anybody wants to know what's in the Bible but doesn't want to start a Book that thick I recommend The King James Version read by Alexander Scourby.

By the way, I've heard news reports that the Pope says he didn't say that. Of course I have no way of knowing whether he said "There is no hell" or "I didn't say that" or either or neither or both.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    IBTL....this is why religious discussions used to not be allowed. SHUT HER DOWN!

You're correct and whoever doesn't like it can go to...well, wherever. [:D]