In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Did You Know...

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
Did you know that on Sept 11 in London there was a plane, with a bomb on it, that was found at Heathrow, and later found that terrorists planned on flying it into Big Ben/Parliment? This is in all the papers in London, I can't figure why I hadn't heard of this until last night.

Dragon's Lair Fighting Arts, Dragon Style Wind Fist Kung Fu.

Comments

• buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....that in Alabama we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day on the Same as Robert E. Lee Day ?[;)]
    edited November -1
    Richard Nixon, Gary Hart and Ted Kennedy used to have a Law Firm together.

It was called Trickem, Dickem and Dunkem

[:D][:D][:D]

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." The Dalai Lama
    edited November -1
    --If you yelled for 8 yrs, 7 months and 6 days, the energy produced would be enough to warm a cuppa coffee

BUT

--If you continuously farted for 6 yrs and 9 months, the energy produced would be enough to create an atomic bomb
    edited November -1
    that the Goodyear Blimp is shot at about 80 times a year? once they even found an arrow stuck in it.

I told that to the guys at work.

"that must be just how many times they get hit, because you know they can't hear a gunshot way up there, so that must be just counting the bullet holes. who knows how many times they get shot at and they missed".

"whaddya suppose they'd do if they shot at it and it went down?" his face turned into a frown. "oh crap!! ha ha haaahahahaha!"

the other guy waved his arm all around and went PPHHHffffbbllltltlttltltt and smacked his hand on the table. and bust out laughing.

that was funny.
    edited November -1
    That if you shoot a .357 off the corner of a home the vinyl siding can come apart from the muzzle blast...[:0]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    What caliber would one use when hunting blimps?

How does one clean one?

Are they edible?

Where are they found?

Is there a call for them?

Do I need a license?

What is the limit?

Is there a bow season?

Can I use traps?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you know that the blimp hanger in Akron is so large it makes its own weather? It sometimes rains inside when not raining outside.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Did you know that the blimp hanger in Akron is so large it makes its own weather? It sometimes rains inside when not raining outside.
    ?? I don't get it
    edited November -1
    Not a joke it is true. The hanger is huge and it actually creates its own weather inside. Sometimes rains inside when it is not raining out side. No lightening though.[:)]
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Too true. Because of the diffences in temperature and humidity inside the hanger condensation can form inside causing it to rain.
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    Not a joke it is true. The hanger is huge and it actually creates its own weather inside. Sometimes rains inside when it is not raining out side. No lightening though.[:)]

Visited this about 20yrs. ago and was told the same thing about it. Also told that the flag was the largest mural of the US flag in the world. At least it was back then.

16.jpg

Ben
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it sound as if I can make the same statement about the place I work. Some call it the floor sweating. I perfer to say the place makes its own weather. Actually it is probably a combination of the heat from the furnaces and the high humidity.

It is a strange thing to drive past an empty lot everyday, then one day see the Goodyear Blimp teathered there.

The empty lot was the Joliet Airport. It was Tuesday morning. The Chicago Bears played the night before. There was a lot of fog that morning and you couldn't see the blimp until you were right next to it.

BTW, what is the season for blimps?

Are any special stamps needed on your permit?
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I've heard of people playing practical jokes on someones office where they make it rain in the office. You place a few 5 gallon buckets of water in the office, turn up the heat, seal the door closed, and when they come back and open the door the in-rush of cool air makes it rain inside the room.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1

Big deal. I can drink three beers and make thunder. [:D]