In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NBA Press Conference on TV now

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Live press conference on Fox News re: Donald Sterling on right now.

Banned for life!

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And fined 2.5M
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't agree with the guy, but he should be free to believe and say whay he wants....especially when it is, supposedly, in private.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    And fined 2.5M

Thats like me getting fined $5.00. The guy is an * there is no doubt. What he has said in private between 2 people has nothing to do with the NBA. Had this been Jordan or Johnson nothing would have ever been said of this.

I am sure there is gonna be a long legal battle over this. If I was the owner I would take them all to court. With his money I would spend a billion just to piss people off.

So where is the outrage over the black celebrities talking about killing off white people? Oh thats right, only white people are racist.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never thought I would miss what Earl would have to say on a matter......[;)][}:)][}:)][:D][xx(][:0][:0]
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the risk of getting folks upset with me here is my take on the issue. The guy had expectations of privacy during his conversation with the girlfriend .Yes ,his comments are hurt-full and mean-spirited and decidedly not PC.yeap there were racist .Ok so what .Each of us Is free to be the biggest a#$%%^^&* we can be and express whatever opinion we wish in private .Making those opinions public might cause us some grief but expressing our opinions is our guaranteed right under the constitution.I do not condone what he said and did but what he thinks or says is not gonna change my salary either way and neither is it any of the NBA's business.Remember this was a PRIVATE conversation If he had said this in public then that changes the stakes and makes it fair game but that was not the case here.
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a total slime bucket. Have to say though, this incident was a private, non-business related total slime bucket moment. Maybe he deserved to lose a marriage over it, or a friendship with other people involved, something like that.

His franchise? Well if he deserved to lose that it should for something he did in that business or in the public eye to start with.

Won't weep for him, don't really care.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now you get fined and stripped of your belongings for something you say in your own home?

Is this your Grandpa's America???

Like it or not, he has the right to say whatever he wants. Correction, at one time, HAD the right.

Just another reason not to watch any NBA crap.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the record let it be stated that I do not watch basketball, football track ,field ,baseball etc .I will on occasion watch the womans beach volleyball games
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....