In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went By A Millionaires Home Today

woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
Man Of my own heart
He Hit the Lotto Last Month
Today I went by his Home His yellow Ranger Pickup Was in the Driveway And They Were getting Ready to Install A Different box,
The Old one Was Rusty new one is White
Yeah We Have Rednecks In Yankee Land Too[:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,066 ******
    edited November -1
    Good for him,thats too cool,,,[;)][;)][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most people are surprised at how many millionaire live in little 4 room houses or single wides.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't stay rich by spending money foolishly.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two friends that are worth over a million dollars but you would never think it to look at there homes. One has a high dollar car collection though. The small local bar that I frequent for lunch has several millionaires in the place for lunch on any given day. Never guess it to see them. Its really not all that hard to accumulate a million dollar net worth today. Inflation is the reason. A million dollars does not go nearly as far as it did 20 or 30 years ago.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father Sam had a good friend in school, also named Sam. They cut class to go fishing a time or two in the 30's. After school they went their separate ways. The other Sam went into business and did pretty well for himself. When he came to class reunions driving an old pick-up and wearing a corduroy jacket, they kidded him that the owner of Walmart could probably afford better.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What guntech said. You can have a million dollars, or a bunch of depreciating stuff. But not both.

Don't get over-anxious. After the first million, it snowballs fast. And THEN you can pick up a few toys. After two million and with proper investing, you can spend $10,000 a month and never touch the principal.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Last I knew he owned over 18 quarters of farm land, some commercial property, lake land and a farm equipment salvage yard.

$30 - $40 million . . .
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I have two friends that are worth over a million dollars"

I know lots of millionaires. Over the next 60 days, I'll be talking to 15-20 certifiable millionaires. Most of them don't act or talk like the citified high dollar yuppies I've seen. But just so you know, you ain't much of a farmer if you ain't worth at least a million.
    The trouble is, what you're worth in dollars don't always relate to what you're really worth.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Farming has become big big business nowadays.WE install and repair equipment for swine and poultry operations .The typical 4 house broiler complex costs over 1.2 million these days .Imagine the collateral one has to put up to borrow that much money .Yep most are millionaires but you will never now it .
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....