In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Officer beats man, plants drugs at traffic stop

Comments

• Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    [wow........dont hold back[:D]
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    dent was not on any drugs and there is nothing on the vidio to show dent resisted, and all the charges were dismissed,except the drugs in the car and after looking closely at the vidio i,ll bet it will be dismissed too. the officer has shown before he took his job to heart and commited acts that were illeagle as the depts paid out settelements. maybe you should go to charlie sheen,s anger management show. according to mr. myopic
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DN you never get tired of being so hateful? Maybe you should talk to someone about it.

BTW did you read the article? Maybe you only skimmed over it, and missed some of the pertinent information.

"Hilton Napoleon, a former Inkster police chief, said the allegations levied by Dent came as no surprise. Citizens told him during his three-year tenure that officers planted evidence at a crime scene, he said. "I tried to get them to come forward and make an official complaint . but they're scared," said Napoleon, who resigned in 2014. "And rightfully so."

"Melendez's record shows he has faced similar allegations before. At one point, he garnered more citizen complaints than any officer in Detroit, where he started his career in 1993 and served until his resignation in 2009. He entered Inkster's police force a year later."

"Over nearly two decades, Melendez has been named as a defendant in a dozen federal lawsuits, accused of planting evidence, wrongfully killing unarmed civilians, falsifying police reports and conducting illegal arrests. Some suits were settled out of court. Others were dismissed."

"In 1996, Melendez, who was known in Detroit as "RoboCop", and his partner shot and killed Lou Adkins. While Adkins was on the ground, several witnesses said the officers shot him 11 times, according to the Detroit Free Press. The case was settled for $1.05m, court records show."

"The US prosecutor's office examined Chancellor's case as part of an investigation into allegations against Melendez, who was cited as the ringleader of numerous officers indicted by a federal grand jury in 2003 on civil rights violations."

"Around the time Chancellor's case was concluded, in 2007, the city of Detroit settled another suit involving Melendez for $50,000. The lawsuit alleged Melendez and his partners knocked on Ernest Crutchfield III's door in November 2003. When they received no response, they entered the premises without a search warrant and, in the kitchen, shot Crutchfield dead. According to the case, the officers planted a gun near his body before falsifying statements and lying under oath."

"Between 1987 and 2004, more than 3,400 Detroit officers were named as defendants in a lawsuit, according to a 2005 city report on police settlements. By that time, court records indicate, Melendez had been sued nine times. Only 26 officers in Detroit had been involved in as many cases, the report stated."

"Melendez, who could not be reached for comment, is currently named as a defendant in one case related to conduct in Inkster. In July 2011, he is alleged to have assaulted Deshawn Acklin, choking him until he lost consciousness. Acklin was using the bathroom at a friend's house when Melendez and other officers arrived, on suspicion of an alleged shooter being inside."

"While being treated in hospital, Acklin testified that Melendez asked him how he liked his "wrestling moves" while he was choked. Melendez denies ever saying that."

"Eventually, a court filing stated, Acklin "succumbed to the pain and lack of oxygen and passed out while defecating on himself"."

"After he was treated at a hospital for a closed head injury, a left foot sprain and bleeding from his eyes, Acklin spent three days in custody, according to the case. He was never charged with a crime."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and how was the gary williams case related to this one? totaly different. and by the way i think gary williams if he could, should have killed the two perps. eastbank.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish some of the whiners could go on a call and see what life is all about. They want the police but only when it directly benefits them and then that cop had better pull out every tool on his belt to make sure the person Mr. or Mrs. perfect is sending them in on comes back with their food stamps, big screen, or Obama phone.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Resisting arrest needs to carry a mandatory, minimum sentence of a year or two.
    Steroids are creating monsters who can easily overpower normal sized police using non lethal means. Isn't that the idea?
    I question how much physical disparity would even up if nightsticks were given back to policemen.
    Upsize your caliber if you can.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure the cop haters will call the ACLU and the #PantsUpDon'tLoot folks when they need assistance.

Laughable. Pathetic. Repetitive.

The Trifecta.
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 96harley
    I wish some of the whiners could go on a call and see what life is all about. They want the police but only when it directly benefits them and then that cop had better pull out every tool on his belt to make sure the person Mr. or Mrs. perfect is sending them in on comes back with their food stamps, big screen, or Obama phone.

is it too much to expect cops to be honest and do the cop they are paid to do and do it right ?
    and the ones that protect the dirty cops are just as bad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    most times when you call the police the crime is over by the time they get there, you are either robbed,beaten or dead, i take keeping my familey safe to heart and carry legaly just about all the time and have my home secure. i have only called the police about a strange car parked in front of my house at 3:00 am, turns out the person was useing his cell phone and had turned on his dome light to write some thing down. about 20 mimutes later a police car came up the street and i flagged him down and explained what happened and thanked him. no hate, but in 20 minutes alot can happen and i did not go out and confront any one but i was armed in my house ready in case. i have never been on food stamps,bought my big screen and cell phone and the only government help i get, if you can call it that,is S.S. and most people want honest and fair policing. but it seems if you want that you are labeled a hater,pos, race baiting whiner. mr myopic.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    most times when you call the police the crime is over by the time they get there, you are either robbed,beaten or dead, i take keeping my familey safe to heart and carry legaly just about all the time and have my home secure. i have only called the police about a strange car parked in front of my house at 3:00 am, turns out the person was useing his cell phone and had turned on his dome light to write some thing down. about 20 mimutes later a police car came up the street and i flagged him down and explained what happened and thanked him. no hate, but in 20 minutes alot can happen and i did not go out and confront any one but i was armed in my house ready in case. i have never been on food stamps,bought my big screen and cell phone and the only government help i get, if you can call it that,is S.S. and most people want honest and fair policing. but it seems if you want that you are labeled a hater,pos, race baiting whiner. mr myopic.

never had to call them so dont know how long it takes...Guess You have From comments.......
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not defending dirty cops. I've been an honest God fearing cop for 40 years and will retire in less than two years, God willing.
    I've seen my share of broken hearts, homes, and death during that time. I've seen law breakers walk, even after having it on video. You know why? Because polite society leans on the phrase, "Innocent until proven guilty. Well at least until it comes to those charged with bringing that type to justice. Then it's guilty, guilty, guilty. No trial, we saw it on video. If these guys are dirty let the courts and the people decide. Thus far I have never had to strike with a nightstick, fire prongs from my tazer, or thank God, discharge my firearm at a living soul. I have knelt beside a recovering drug user and prayed. Maybe I came off the wrong way and if so I am sorry but with all the cop hate in society, I had to say something even if it was uncalled for. The food stamp comment refers for those who give the least want the most back. I'll shut up.quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480

is it too much to expect cops to be honest and do the cop they are paid to do and do it right ?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480

Not at all. Which is exactly what the overwhelming number of them do.

Is it too much to ask for you kneejerk cop haters to admit that you post about the very few cops who do something bad, and never seem to acknowledge that you are talking about the very rare exceptions, and not the rule?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have never read a post here that said all police are not hard working honest officers. how ever if only 2-3 percent are less than that, it casts a pall over all. and no it should not do that. a thing that works against the police is when a bad action happens it affects more than the person that it happened to, their relitives and circle of close friends are now leary of the police and it carries over to police officers who were not involved at all. the police do a hard job and deserve kudo,s when done right,but also must be called out when things are done wrong. we don,t live in a police state tho it may seem like it at times, there are laws for the police and john public to live by. mr myopic
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not defending dirty cops. I've been an honest God fearing cop for 40 years and will retire in less than two years, God willing.
    I've seen my share of broken hearts, homes, and death during that time. I've seen law breakers walk, even after having it on video. You know why? Because polite society leans on the phrase, "Innocent until proven guilty. Well at least until it comes to those charged with bringing that type to justice. Then it's guilty, guilty, guilty. No trial, we saw it on video. If these guys are dirty let the courts and the people decide. Thus far I have never had to strike with a nightstick, fire prongs from my tazer, or thank God, discharge my firearm at a living soul. I have knelt beside a recovering drug user and prayed. Maybe I came off the wrong way and if so I am sorry but with all the cop hate in society, I had to say something even if it was uncalled for. The food stamp comment refers for those who give the least want the most back. I'll shut up.quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480

Good post, my hat is off to you sir.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have nothing but respect for the honest cops out there doing an impossible job ,rub shoulders with them on a regular basis in my volunteer firefighting .Have many friends who are cops .That said there are dirty cops just as there are dirty firemen ,doctors lawyers store clerks etc Does seem that the "blue line " closes ranks and protects the bad ones more often than not. Course that happens among doctors lawyers etc too. Worked as a tech and a trainer in a psychiatric hospital for 32 years . Folks on drugs or in the midst of a psychotic episode have strength that has to be experianced to be believed .96Harley you sound like my kind of cop.
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....