In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

*&^$%*&$#@&^&%@ morons

scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was just down at the gun shop getting some ammo for this weekend and bs'ing with the shop personnel, when a guy comes in with his son and ask's us "so where do you guys shoot?" a couple of us started giving him directions to the same location, the shop owner comes up and informs us that the BLM shut down the entire area because a few ******* idiots have not been using any common sense and have actually shot into some homes... we now have nowhere to shoot unless we drive 1.5 - 2 hours
Arggggghhhh, I am so frustrated, we (my family and our friends that shoot with us) have tried really hard to keep the area clean and to be responsible shooters. I am so pi**ed right now, just ruined my weekend before it even started.

OK, rant is over. Now, does anyone else in Southern Kalifornia know of a range that we can use?

Thanks for listening

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't live there but have been in SOCAL more times than I care to count. one thing I remember well about SOCAL is if you go east on I10, north on I15 to I40 east, North on I5 and cut across to RT58 and any other way you wish to go, the desert has all kinds of places to shoot!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    I feel your pain scuta! It's takes me over an hour to get to my shooters paradise. At least it's my families land and when we are there we can do what ever we please. I'll be going tomorrow early for the entire day! It's my favorite place to be in the entire world!

Now if we could just keep the dam locals from trespassing and poacing all the game! We need a resident sniper!
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good business opportunity..

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That thought has crossed my mind more than once ruger270, problem is capital and Kalifornia's laws
    I haven't done any research yet, but I can only imagine the mess that will be.

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, didnt realize you lived in CA, forget that idea then.

Definitely would be a fun undertaking, and doesnt seem like it would take AS MUCH capital as some other business, such as retail.. All ya really need is a little building, for people to hang out, and for the office or whatever, and then a plot of land, and some wood!

Easy money.. once the initial cost is paid off, its pretty much all profit. Sure, there are some costs involved, such as utilities, depending on what you have in the building, and maybe bringing in some dirt as back stops, but sounds like easy upkeep.

Oh forgot, might need some type of insurance.. oh darn.. anybody know how much something like that would run, and if its necessary.. probably recommended none-the-less..

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bet King City/San louis Ob. too far north for ya?

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
    edited November -1
    Francf, I am right on the Riverside County/ San Diego County line...

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long, just a thought. [:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Where I grew up it used to be you could just go outside town a couple of miles to some old strip mined land an shoot all you wanted. Used to go shooting there when we visited until last year. My brother and I went out there a few months ago and started doing some plinking. Here comes an ATV from a half mile down the road. Guy is all pissed off saying we couldn't shoot there, it was his land and we were shooting at his house. I replied that I had been coming out there to shoot for 30 years and there were no signs posted or fences. I said "we are not shooting at your house, we are shooting into that thirty foot tall pile of tailings over there." I suggested that if he wanted to keep people from shooting there he should put up some signs.

Where I live now I have to pay $90 a year to belong to a range that only lets you shoot at paper targets or steel plates.[}:)]

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    How far away from 29palms are you??? If you want you can come up here and shoot. We got a great range up her. Let me know if you interested and we can hook up for a great shoot. I got plenty of clay targets to shoot up so bring a shotgun if you got one. Let me know.

Ray

More Powder, More Lead, More Dead
    edited November -1
    Ray,

That sounds like a good time, would have to plan it, you are about 2 hours east-northeast of us. I have a week of vacation time coming up the last week of March, maybe we could plan it then.