In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RELIGEON QUESTION

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was watching a program on TV about some african nations, of which a couple of them were Islamic (Muslim) and they stated that the KORAN allowed an Islamic man to have up to 4 wives as long as he could provide for them.

Question, : This is a religous belief, and knowing that Islam is fast growing in the US, how would this be approached. Would this religous practice be condemned, and if so would it be an Infringement on their religeon? And the right of Practicing their relegeon.

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great question. Maybe we should convert[:p][:p][:D] I'm curious the answer to that although I expect it would not be allowed. If some religion practiced infanticide (some argue a pseudo-religion here already does[}:)]) I don't expect they would be allowed to do that either. But I wonder.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes one is too much for me![:D]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It ain't legal in Utah, though it happens. Since this is not sacrimental, you could not violate bigamy laws claiming it was part of your "religion." This has been tested in court, and the bigamists are not winning.

He Dog
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometime back, and a few still do, but when they get caught it is prosecuted as a criminal offense (in most counties).

He Dog
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    NOt like it's our government's perogative to insert their 2 cents in a moral, religous,or ethical decision....

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know... 4 wives.. hummmm.... would they work, cook, clean the house, and I would be the head honcho ? Wow , what a deal ! Where do I sign up?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to have a woman that keeps house and takes care of the kids.

You have to have a woman that is rich.

You have to have a woman that loves sex.

Never let these three woman meet.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Select-fire: Man, you are a glutton for punishment! [:D]

Do you really want four times a month of PMS, or 4 women nagging you to do something? One is more than enough, believe me.[:D]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Women: you can't live with them.
    You can't live without them.
    One is more than enough.

If heartaches were commericals, we'd all be on TV
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Why is the broo ha ha not used here.I mean the separasion of church an state?Why do the feds and state government not allow you to have three wives, but allow same sex marriages?I don't think either of the two are right but why is government agaist one and not the other?Could it be that if you had three wives ,each with two children ,that you wouldn't pay enough taxes?Or could it be that insurance companys would lose there minds trying to figure out who is family and who is not family?What would happen if the husband and all three wives worked and had insurance.What would happen if you left one of your three wives?Man I'm going to sleep,I hope I have sweetdeams and not night mares.I don't need another female.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Great Grandad was a Mormon with 2 wives. He had to keep them in 2 separate houses on the opposite sides of town.Musta been redheads.[:D]
  • 925925 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A man should have 16 wives
    4 richer
    4 poorer
    4 better
    4 worse
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    On is enough for me, sometime more then enough!!

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.