In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

quick math riddle to enterain you math wizards!

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
If I give you a dollar bill can you give me exact change for that dollar bill in exactly 50 coins?

It can be done 2 ways!
Let's see who gets both ways first?

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
Rita Mae Brown

Comments

• Options
    yekimakyekimak Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    45 pennies
    2 nickles
    2 dimes
    1 quarter
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    40 pennies
    8 nickles
    2dimes

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    40 pennies
    8 nickles
    2 dimes

blonds.bmpWhen they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
    Parsons.gif
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the only combination of coins that you can not make change with a dollar bill that totals more then a dollar?

edited it, did not have question completely correct.
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    A dollar coin

SacDollar.jpeg

Hey, no fair, shoff14. Asked and answered.

But since you ask again, I'll guess a half dollar, a quarter, two dimes, and six pennies.
  • Options
    silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats pretty good but here's one my barber told me. What two coins added together produce a total of 30 cents. And one is not a nickel.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The other is a nickel.
    And a quarter.
  • Options
    silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man that was fast jsergovic. I expected that to give people more trouble than that. You must have heard that one before.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Barber jokes are the easiest.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jsergovic
    A dollar coin

Hey, no fair, shoff14. Asked and answered.

But since you ask again, I'll guess a half dollar, a quarter, two dimes, and six pennies.

nope, you can make change for a dollar with that
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    half dollar, quarter and 3 dimes

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I can do it with 50 2 cent coins and with 30 3 cent pieces and 20 half cent pieces. Pearyw
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The distance between Cairo and Damascus is 1000 miles. Your mission is to move a 10,000 kilograms load of grass from Cairo to Damascus using your camel, but you have two problems:

The camel won't budge unless you let it to continuously chew grass - it consumes 1 kilogram of grass per mile. The camel's maximum load is 1000 kilograms.?

Can you manage to get ANY of the grass to Damascus?
    What is the maximum amount of grass that you can get there?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An Israeli armored brigade consists of two armored battalions and one infantry battalion, while an infantry brigade consists of two infantry battalions and one armored battalion. An armored battalion consists of two armored squadrons and one infantry squadron, and an infantry battalion consists of two infantry squadrons and one that is armored.

It keeps on this way through squadrons, platoons, squads, until finally, an armored squad consists of two armory soldiers and one infantry soldier, and an infantry squad ... you know already.

How many soldiers should be retrained, in order to transform an infantry brigade into an armored brigade?
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    no grass will make to to damascus

MAEMTPATCH.jpgFord_E350_ambulance1.jpgemt2.jpg

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing.
    Turret mounted machine guns usually work better than lights and sirens
  • Options
    robkelly2242robkelly2242 Member Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had it figured out by moving loads part way and returning for more (e.g., stockpiling along the road) but as I was about to enter Damascus with a full 1000 Kg. load of grass, my camel was destroyed by a roadside bomb.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:no grass will make to to damascus

Big things have small beginings.