In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody else awake at 5am?

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
I'm pulling an allnighter. My sleep habits on the road has got my internal clock all messed up, Monday is the opening day of PAs rifle season and I aint gonna miss the opening hours of it! If I go to bed like I noramly do I won't sleep Sunday night but will get tired and doze off just as I should be heading to the woods. So the only way to ensure I sleep Sunday night is to stay up all night tonite and try to stay awake till about 6PM then go to bed. I cannot just go to bed like normal people and sleep, my body tells me when it's time to sleep and I can never tell when that will be, then I will either sleep 4-5 hours or 10, never can tell. trucking has me all messed up!

MAN WHY CAN'T I SLEEP LIKE A NORMAL PERSON?!?![:(!][:(!][:(!]

I need Mt Dew and lots of it.

line.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck. I never do sleep well the night before the opener and I will, I hope, make number 39 tomorrow morning. Indiana County - need four on one side. Bah, humbug!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear ya, PA started this minimum pojnt crap last year, we need three or four on one side now, I better look before I go out and turn into a slob hunter eh?

line.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got up at 5:10 am.
    Made the Coffee and am sitting here eating Honey nut Cherrios.

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mt Dew and Girl Scout cookies for me[:D]

line.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    landjetlandjet Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nature of the beast - trucking that is. I drive too and a "normal" schedule is certainly a relative term. In order to both work and have somewhat of a personal life, I have to force my schedule by going without sleep at times. Look at it this way, if the average person sleeps 8 hrs a day, they sleep 1/3 of their life. By not sleeping, you can have the illusion of living longer... lol... [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lol, according to my dispatcher at my first trucking job I will get plenty of sleep when I die, "now get your * out there to Chicago and don't be late!"

line.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Im awake, gotta drive to Warren this morning and Move Chris's Gramma into her new apartment! She's in her 8o's and just had her second knee replacement!!!

pa.gif
    To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually go to bed when my wife gets up... I worked midnights for years, always been a late sleeper, but as many know the past year had been real rough with my back (much improved over the past few months), but with all the medications I was on during that time, along with no real need to get up at specific times it really messed my clock up too.
    I always know it's time for me to go to bed when I see Pa's morning posts (usually around 5 AM CST). [:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    It's quarter to three here.
    Been getting up at 4:30~5:30 a.m. for days ... guess I'll sleep in, when I manage to get to bed (sure I'll be ordered to shortly).

I'll stay up and clean the house, get my tools sorted out, fold clothes, organize various messes which accumulate, especially in the truck cab, etc. when I can't sleep.

Did an eight hour CCW course today (yesterday). I'd love to clean the guns, but that is something I usually do in the daylight hours.

I'm used to going to bed whenever I want, and getting up regularly at 9:15 a.m. (E.S.T.)
    Getting married sure changed that (as of May 10th).

But the wife has a five day weekend...everything is ... out of sync.

california_bf_lg_wht.gif