In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Expensive new gun mag - Concealed Carry

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Some of you will be getting a complimentary copy of a new gun magazine in the mail with an offer to subscribe. It's called Concealed Carry Magazine (CCM) -- Information & Support for Those Who Carry Concealed Weapons.

They must need support, because under the glossy cover it's pretty thin, and mostly a two-color deal on plain paper, and the subscription price is $40 for 6 issues in one year! Hello, Gun Tests Deux....

I haven't read mine yet but at least it looks neatly done. Sadly, my first impression is I'm not subscribing at those prices. Some of the article titles look interesting -- Social Obligations by the author of Living with Glocks, The Difference between a Pacifist and a Victim, Carrying is not a Hobby, Glock 36 review, and yes, an editorial called "Another Gun Magazine?"

The only funny thing is that the Letters to the Editor are described as "CCM Testimonials," but of course it's the first issue, so the letters are actually endorsements from some of the writers and advertisers. Still, it's worth looking into. Maybe they'll have a smart new take on some stuff. Or, maybe not. Time will tell. But, of course, I may never see another one, because I suspect at these subscription prices they may be printing a pretty small run, and may not be distributing on newsstands.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there anything in there that can't be found at packing.org?

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Whoever wrote this site went into detail of carry, penetration, choosing weapons, it just goes on. And they sell guns, but it isn't apparent at first.

http://www.internetarmory.com/
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So who needs a CCW? Just subscribe and leave an issue casually laying on the front seat of your locked car and one at your front door.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    DWS, sounds like a case of the pen being mightier than the sword.
    I like the NRA mag stories about the gun packin' grandma who saves the day with her double barreled Riverside. Seems to always be from California. Must have some tough ol' broads out there.
    Not much interested in a mag about CC except to hide a snubbie in it's fold.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    So who needs a CCW? Just subscribe and leave an issue casually laying on the front seat of your locked car and one at your front door.

First off, that'd only work on thieves that can read, and second - those that can read english... [}:)]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    offeror,
    Do you know how they got your name?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I was busy quitting a rock band last night -- just saw this. No, I don't know how they got my name. I figured some of you would be on the same list, though.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    You quit your band!!!

I quit a band once after a day on "retreat" in a wooded site in a cabin to play new tunes all day. The day was video-taped, I had planned to quit all along, and was just waiting for the right time. The leader thought it was interesting watching the tape of me sitting around thinking.

This was back in the Limerick/Skipback area of PA. The band? The Mighty Manatees!