In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pilot makes anti-semitist remarks??

FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
FORT WORTH, Texas - The chief executive of American Airlines (search) apologized after the pilot of a recent cross-country flight got on the intercom and asked all Christians aboard to raise their hands.

The pilot, whose name has not been released by the airline, has been grounded while the Feb. 7 incident is investigated, Gerard Arpey (search) said.

The pilot of the Los Angeles-to-New York flight asked all Christians aboard to discuss their faith with their fellow passengers.

"Let me assure you that we take this very seriously and are conducting a thorough investigation," Arpey wrote to Abraham Foxman, director of the Anti-Defamation League (search), a group that monitors anti-Semitism.

The airline "promotes an environment of respect for the diversity of all persons, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, age or sexual orientation."

Foxman had complained about the incident.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY

Comments

• redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one would have said a thing if the pilot asked all the fags to raise their limp wrists. [:(!]

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    these people need to grow some thicker skin.......TOLERANCE. the plane didn't run into a building full of innocents. Where do I send a donation?

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Too bad the pilot wasn't Muslim and asked the on-board Muslims to help convert the infidels to Islam instead. [;)]

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    So a Bible-thumper pilot got a little out of line.
    Where's the anti-semitism? Some groups complain better than others.

You should see the "race card" snapped upon the table in Philadelphia. You'd think you were at an all-night gambling house. And they are betting on some result to favor their defense by putting others on the offense.

Classic debate strategy.

Abraham Foxman, director of the Anti-Defamation League, is able to draw attention to his group merely by complaining. Free publicity and name recognition. Gotta keep the name in the public eye. And who wants to PAY for advertising when you can get it for free.

As an atheist (joke, I'm not) I am starting a class-action lawsuit against the air carrier by insinuating there is a God, thereby causing me great mental confusion and doubt.