In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Mustang Anniversary Edition

NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Was blessed to get one yesterday. This palm-sized .380 is called the "Plus Two," because you have room for a 6th round in the mag and one in the chamber. The regular Mustang is a 5-shot. I have a regular Mustang and appreciate its slight weight advantage for shooting. The anniversary edition celebrates the 1985 milestone of 150 years. It's all blue with a brilliant gold Colt escutcheon on either grip, and the grip allows a pinkie hold for most hands. It immediately relieved the silver escutcheon Mustang and went to work in a pocket holster. Its original box includes scenes of the original Colt factory on the river, and two examples of early 20th century soldiers in high-collar tunie and pancake helmets, engaged in battle. One is on a rearing horse.

I wonder if Colt made this anniversary model after 1985. The mag's a little mushy and the box appears a bit worn.

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I had a mustang +2, wasn't an anniversary model though. It was a nice little gun.

Congrats and enjoy!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Mateomasfeo - Thanks.
    Does anyone know when they quit making the Plus Two?
  • EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NickCWinter
    Was blessed to get one yesterday. This palm-sized .380 is called the "Plus Two," because you have room for a 6th round in the mag and one in the chamber. The regular Mustang is a 5-shot. I have a regular Mustang and appreciate its slight weight advantage for shooting. The anniversary edition celebrates the 1985 milestone of 150 years. It's all blue with a brilliant gold Colt escutcheon on either grip, and the grip allows a pinkie hold for most hands. It immediately relieved the silver escutcheon Mustang and went to work in a pocket holster. Its original box includes scenes of the original Colt factory on the river, and two examples of early 20th century soldiers in high-collar tunie and pancake helmets, engaged in battle. One is on a rearing horse.

I wonder if Colt made this anniversary model after 1985. The mag's a little mushy and the box appears a bit worn.

I have a Mustang Plus II. It's a nice gun and the magazine holds 7 rounds, not 6. The regular Mustang holds 6 in the magazine although those made prior to 1992 held 5. The Mustang Plus II was not made until 1988 and production contined until 1996.
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a plus II stainless. EOD Guy is right it holds 7 rounds. Great shooting gun and very accurate.
    JW

fc6cb6ef.gif
    Southaven.gif
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I am very jealous!