In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The best find.......

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
...out of that box of miscellaneous holsters, magazines, grips, etc in the gun shop?

I picked up an obsolete box of ammo for $5 and sold it here for $28 last year. You just never know what you might find in the miscellaneous box. Does your favorite gunshop have one?

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picked up a box of 303 Savage winchester factory loads at a local gun shop on clearance for $2 took them down to PA at Christmas and traded them for a bunch of blackpowder gear close to $50 worth

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    A box of old(pre 1970) Lee loaders for $125. I am up to $1300 so far and have a few left.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    A box of old(pre 1970) Lee loaders, bushings, and dies for $125. I am up to $1300 so far and have a few left. I guess you could say I bought the whole misc. box.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Yeah, my favorite gunstore in a city just north of you has one. Most recently, I was browsing among expensive Galco's, for my new Berretta .40. A buddy looked briefly in the odds 'n' ends box and came out with a $15 Galco which had been made for the Berretta.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Best I ever did was at an ESTATE SALE, picked up an old cookie tin that was rusted shut, but had someting in it, I inquired about it and the person holding the sale told me they didnt get it open, so I ask how much, and was told 2 bucks, so I took a chance, got it home opened it up and walla! It was about half full of Old Dental Bridges made of Gold, All of the old teeth had been removed and all that was left was a bunch of gold, Took it to a shop and got 1200 bucks for it.

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Best find had to be back in 1977. Little Amy Turnquist's 16th birthday, wasn't even gift wrapped.[:D][}:)][:0][:p]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My favorite shop has such a box, and a lot of people bring in stuff they run across after a relative's death. A lot of ammo comes in as they are asking the shop to dispose of it for them. Owner knows I have a lot of "older" pieces many in the early chamberings so he sets them aside and won't take any money from me as I help him some with his range, instruction and other odds-n-ends. But in his "goody" box I have made some great finds ... for example I picked up a new, still in sealed package, set of exotic wood grips for my S&W M39 and when I asked him how much he said "jus what I paid for 'em $3.00" heck they have to be $75 - $100 grips.

I love rummaging around in that box, anymore it's about the first place I head for.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • rdcinmnrdcinmn Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a Bianchi x15 lefthanded(I'm left handed) holester for my Ruger Security Six for $5 bucks[:D]

Ellsworth.gif

www.awbansunset.com

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1848
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Yep. Two beautuful ITW holsters, $5 eack. Each made for the gun I was using it for.