In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Marine Bayonet

SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ive been trying to find the awsome new Marine Bayonet but I cant find it anywhere. Its listed in the cheaperthandirt catalog but its not listed on its website. Where can I find it, I MUST HAVE IT ![:)]

Comments

• Options
    ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    Heck we have not got them yet here. (And I am in the Marines.) Let me know when and where you find them. I would like to have one too.

Ray

More Powder, More Lead, More Dead
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is something wrong with the M9? For that matter, what was so wrong with the M7? I don't think the bayonet has seen serious use since Bastogne. It should go the way of hardtack and canvas leggings.
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I think every soldier should be issued a quality knife. If it is in bayonet form, that's just one more use for it.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume, having been a proposal manager myself, that the DoD must have put it out for a new bid, and the Ontario company bid low on this one. The new knife has a clip point that is sharp on top, slightly more spear shaped than the old one, and a partially serrated edge or at least some do. Ka-Bar makes knives with those features too. I've seen the Ontarios for sale -- they do cost some fairly serious money. Most of the other similar choices are now less expensive than the genuine next-gen Ontario -- can't imagine why [;)]. Makes a person wonder how they won the low bid....

Yeah, I just found what I think is the one you want in a Sportsman's Guide catalog, $149. Item AX4M2-79681 ... $135 for club members. It could be on their web site: www.sportsmansguide.com

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    it's been out fot awhile now,as for the DOD the Marine Corps always takes the lowest bid probally because we beat the hell out of our gear and it is cheaper to replace.my 4 years on active we went from the alice system to the SPEAR to the MOLLE in a 4 year period?the molle system blows

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Looks a lot like my PABooger Ka-Bar. Gd., I love that knife. It's good to see some stuff still made in the U.S.A.

The other day, we got a load of 4" and 6" cast iron drainage fittings...MADE IN CHINA.