In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AHHH....Stop it

7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
On the 4th of July the United Nations will meet in New York to vote on a World wide ban of ownership of GUNS . This will mean you and myself will not be able to leagally own a gun . Talk about losing our Rights . Check this out at the following link .
http://www.STOPUNGUNBAN.ORG . Thanks , RWF56

This was posted on the politics forum[:(]

Comments

• Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They picked an appropriate day for it.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A UN vote by itself means nothing. It's only important if put into a treaty form and individual nations adopt that treaty. Such a treaty would NEVER be signed by any president let alone ratified by the Senate like the Constitution requires. It's a PR exercise meant to appease the radical international Left, nothing more.
  • Options
    Glock23ExpertGlock23Expert Member Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The UN is a paper tiger, if that. I wouldn't worry about it. The UN has no effective power without the USA. Like nemesisenforcer said, it's a public relations stunt created to appease the leftists of the world. You know, GB members know, and I know that the banning of guns means only the militaries, law enforcement agencies, and criminals will posess guns and that's not a step the US Congress will take anytime soon.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is the REAL agenda:

United Nations Conference to Review Progress
    Made in the Implementation of the Programme
    of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the
    Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons
    in All Its Aspects
    New York, 26 June-7 July 2006
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Do not dismiss the U.N. so lightly.

They are certainly corrupt to the core. They are certainly inept at many things. However, they are still around and growing in influence around the world.

We regularly place U.S. troops under U.N. Command. We allow this den of snakes to operate freely in this very nation. Many of our elected officials support the goals and ideals of the U.N.. Clearly, this world is moving inexorably toward some type world government.

Do not fool yourself for a minute that if some type of treaty like this is passed by the U.N., that our Senate will absolutely not ratify it.

It is a very real possibility that this "global gun ban" will someday pass in the world body, then be presented to our elected officials as a treaty. If ratified, it supersedes the U.S. Constitution, period.

Do not be so quick to dismiss the U.N.. They have a long term plan and sadly, they are moving steadily towards fruition.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    nsf quote:A UN vote by itself means nothing. It's only important if put into a treaty form and individual nations adopt that treaty. Such a treaty would NEVER be signed by any president let alone ratified by the Senate like the Constitution requires. It's a PR exercise meant to appease the radical international Left, nothing more.

...exactly...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Simply....I'll never give up my extended family of toys. They are a part of who I am...and are a passion of mine. Honestly, I'm really not worried about "it" ever happening in my lifetime.