In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Did You Find This Place ???

cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I saw an ad in a shooting mag, and just looked at the auctions for several months and then one day noticed a forum section...the rest is history.

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I was browsing the net looking for others that shared my love for the British .303[;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I died and was sent here instead of Hell.

The Boy told me about it.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me if I had ever tried e-bay. I said I had looked at it, and thought it was just another online store. He kept insisting that it was viable, so I pulled 3-4 items off of a shelf, handed them to him, and said, "Show me." (Keep in mind, this was "garage sale" kind of stuff, that I would hope to get $1-5.00 each out of.)

About a month later he handed me a couple of hundred dollars.
    Needless to say, he had captured my attention. When I found e-pay would not let anyone sell guns anymore, and since I have been "into" guns practically my whole life, naturally I started looking for someplace that would allow it. Found a few places, ended up hanging out here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in California, if I want to see guns I have to look for pics[:D] I watched the auctions for probably a year, I had told my dad about GB, went home to visit, and he showed the forum to me, never heard of such a thing, now well, they can't get me to leave!!

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    No matter how hard we try!!

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was at a gun show a few years ago. I was looking at a certain gun, when a friend told me to look for it on GB. Never even noticed the forum until recently.

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
    Proud member of the NRA and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pabooger told me about it. [:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i was surfing thru gun sites and found gb then i jumped onto the forums

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to be on the forums at gun and knife. com, before they went belly up. I found this place while looking at auctions for handguns.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One day I was out in the yard & caught the unmistakeable smell of a barnyard.
    The rest is history.
    Seriously though, you folks are the best, with VERY few exceptions.(I might as well include myself in that last group.)
    [^][^]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found it surfing the net, now its my home page [:)]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
    IMG_8700.jpg
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine told me about GBer for auctions, found the forum and sanity has been lost ever since![:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Just got lucky I guess.[:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found GB when it first started (Back then, when you emailed the staff, they emailed you back).

New to the internet also, I just wanted to see where all the little buttons went. I had no knowledge then and felt inadequate before the forum. So I spent twenty years in Tibet learning important things. Now I'm repaying the forum by imparting my experiences.
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got this machine, computer, bran new several years ago and naturally the first thing I did was search for gun sites. GunBroker was one of the first ones to come up and after reviewing the auctions and forums (which appeared to be friends talking to one another about gunbs, etc.)I have been a member ever since.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend told me about it last year. Had been looking at the auctions for about 6 months before I noticed the forums. i checked it out and now the life has been sucked out of me and i can't leave.

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend that does transfers for me told me to check out this website. It was nearly a year later before I jumped on the forum.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goofing off at work best place I have stumbled on to yet.
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard Timberbeast laughing and peeked over his shoulder to see what was so funny.......it was Pelican! I had to register a little while after that and now read most days, post once in awhile. Have met some great people from this board!!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I was lost?

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went looking for online gun auctions after being "offeror" on eBay for a couple years (offer to buy, offer to sell...). This forum was a nice by-product of that.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was spamed by admin before the site went "live".
    found the boards after.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine told me about finding the auction site, from their I kept reading the forums until I broke down and became a member.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am an avid Ebayer and came across GB.com and have been buying ammo through it and just recently noticed the option on top that read "forums" and clicked on it to check it out. I know my friend have to get tired of me talking about guns so I guess I have to make new friend with people who like guns. Well here I am.....?
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Somebody at the gunstore mentioned the auction ...I monitored that, bought a pistol ...then got brave and started monitoring the Board. Finally found a topic I couldn't refuse, signing up and joining in.
    I like the company here, and often get good gun advice, sometimes able to offer some feedback.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,449 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was searching the net for rifles. GB came up on a search and the first thing I saw was the forums. Never did get that rifle...[:I]

He Dog
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was digging around a couple websites a long long time ago and found a link to here. Been reading the forum forever and recently decided it was time to sign up.. [:)]
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Coworker told me about this so called "ebay (ebarf as some here call it) for guns". .I came to gunbroker and found the forums by accident. I really was NEVER the forum type. I quilky recognized that I could learn an abundane here from participants. Did not take long to realize that this place was differnt and that I could identify with a lot of the personalities here.