In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whos your best friend?

TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Whos your best friend and why or what makes them your best friend?
TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, this'll sound forced, but it's probably my wife. Aside from her, my "other" best friend is my brother-in-law (her brother).
    For either one of them, the answer is simple - honesty, trustworthyness, and integrity. They'll give of their own to let you have...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife, no doubt about it.
    Because she has put up with me for all these years.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    My Sons are my best friends, followed closely by my daughters - who are only runners-up because they don't understand some "man" things.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    If I had to pick only one of them... it would be my poor, pitiful Son Dave (Dave W), because he is the one most like me... poor, pitiful Boy!

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Annie-OAnnie-O Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Husband. always and forever.[:)]

cg1.gif
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awwww, the wife is my best companion. My best friend is Scott Webb. Best counterfeiter I know.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    1 my girlfriend
    2 my dog

all my other best friends have screwed me over it's all about the$$$$ they owe me

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 14 year old boy is my best buddy. Always likes to hang out especially if were fishing or shooting.
  • jgpjgp Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RL w/o a doubt!!
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Undoubtedly the best friend I have, is a girl-friend I know here in town.

She and I meet around a year ago on the net, began mailing the first month and sending SMS's the next - she stuck by me, checked up on me, talked and was there for me when I had to go to Denmark for my mothers burrial.
    Eventhough we've never meet, she said to me "I had nothing to loose".

We meet in may and share many interests - mainly movies and sparetime things. She got me interested in aquariums.. great hobby actually.

The friendship grew throughout 2003 and she stuck by me again when I left for Denmark for my fathers burrial.

I like and love her as a friend, one who's there to talk to, laugh with, give and get support to/from, talk to or just be with her is relaxing in some way - uncomplicated even.
    She's just walked right into my mind with no trouble at all, and further than anyone have so far - I'd trust her with my life and do a lot to make her happy or comfortable.

The great followers ups are:
    Two girlfriends in Denmark, whom I've known for 14 years, 11 of those years I've known them more personally than anyone.

One of them, Camilla, was the closest I ever came to have an actual steady Girlfriend - but we had kind of a "history" together, that made it kind of impossible. (Found her once.. lets just say bathtub, water, knife!).

Always loved to be with them, help out and sparre with them too. (Aikido/Taekwondo - holding the padded things - camilla doesn't like it, when I knock the wind out of her through her padded bodyprotection, but she likes to give have no holds barrs and noone holds back.).
    Taught Camilla how to shoot the 200metre silhouettes - she's gone further now, both in distance and caliber. 400metre RTC with an Armalon .300 Win-Mag, 500-600metre on occation but only regular silhouettes.

Afterall, have done many funny, weird or out of place things with them - actually developed a certain trust and interest, but that's personal.

I'd trust these girls with my life and anything else too for that matter - No doubt about it.

On a side note:
    I'd say I haven't mentioned my brother.. because I don't see him as a "friend" - don't misunderstand me here - he's family.
    If I regarded him as a friend - he'd be the absolute best one.!!!

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goes without saying....Mrs. Mudge. You'd have to know her to understand.
    My best friend(s) are the people who own Hunt's Cycle.
    Next would be Mrs. Mudge's ex. Nice guy but made one BIG mistake.
    That's why she's now Mrs. Mudge.

Mudge the selective

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My right hand. Always there for me. Plus I trust it. I know where its been.
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    No question it is Swwbo. She has been everything good rolled up into one fantastic package made just for me.

PS. Sorry Rosie

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    My Daddy. He's the most respectable and honest guy I know.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My best(possibly only) friend is my wife.
    We work together 60 hrs. a week & spend almost all our off time together.(except Sat. mornings when she grocery shops & I clean or work on guns.)
    Gotta boot her out of bed in a half-hour, we start work at 6:30am.
    [;)][;)]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My best friend, my love and my life, Janie (Mrs. Gunpaq).[:)]

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My best friend is my wife,she makes me happy when Im sad,she light up the darkness.And is always eager to hear my complaints,she tolerates my hobby's.And is just always there for me as I am here for her.She lites up my life,and I could not function with out her.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd have to say my wife as well. my best bud is a guy named charlie. we been through thick and thin, good times and bad. they are the only two I compleatly trust.

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie.

Clouder..
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Other than my wife it's a friend of mine from school days. We live 3 hours away and still are best of friends.

Why?

Because we give each other tons of bababooey and can take it back without hard feelings, and we stand by each other thru thick and thin without being judgmental and petty. We know each other's dirt and foilbles and still accept each other.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my wife, followed very closely by my father. They're the two people I trust and respect the most. [:)]
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    My wife of course, been together 30 years. But if you mean outside of family I only know 2 people that I consider "best" friends.

Folks I would not hesitate to go back to back with, folks I trust completely, folks I would give my last dime to because I know they would do the same for me.

I know a lot of people I consider "friends" and I like and care for them a lot but I only know 2 that qualify as "best friends".

I dont make friends easily, I am by nature a un-trusting person(comes from being on my own and on the streets since I was 15 after my wicked stepfather[}:)] tossed me out of the house) I learned the worst of people on the streets and its been hard for me to relaize that there are a lot of good people out there not just street hustlers.

The folks here on this forum have helped me a great deal with the understanding that most folks are good people and not theives.crooks,liers and hustlers. For that you have my undying respect.

In the years I have been in Florida as an adult(well over 25 years), you can count on 2 hands the number of people I have allowed in my house(sad isnt it)but I would gladly open my doors to any of you here on the boards, yep even Hairy and EMM, all of you almost without exception(trolls excluded) are welcome in my home at any time.

JuJu(always said there were good people here)
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    At this time, gotta be my lady. I buy a gun, she comes up with a good reason before I can. New clothes, etc.? She tells me why they were a good idea. But she's a friend, not an enabler for my shopping purhases. She worries more than I do if I have a challenge. She's there with prayer and creative thinking when there's something to deal with. And I'm constantly amazed at the real joy in her voice when she answers her phone and finds out it's me.
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Who needs friends? [:D][:D][:D]

In all seriousness, I have a best friend from back home. Can't imagine ever living my life without him around. [^]

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Definatly my wife. She supports my stupidity and is usually the first person when we are out to dare me to do something silly! Like "hey, I bet you won't do a shot of tequila". She's just a blast. It's so easy to get along because we always want to do the same thing. That would be:

1. Getting out in the hills at the families land.
    2. Riding quad's.
    3. Shooting as often as possible.

Here's an example. I got his and her's SAR 1 AK's for us and presented her's to her last weekend. I asked her what she thought and her response was "what an excellent invesment...now when can we go shoot them"! She even named them. She calls them Seek and Destroy!

Just last night at dinner we were looking at a gun sale flyer that came in the mail. We were talking about what other toys we wanted she said "we definatly need a 44 revolver (ruger or a smith with at least a 7" barrell) a Garand, something fun in a 308 cal., and another 12 ga. for turkey hunting". How could I ever disagree! What else could a fella ask for??!!