In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Toe nail fungus.

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Yea I got it. Once you get past the 'toejam' and smell [:D]you can see it under the big toe nail. It makes my toenail tender. So I force lamisil under the nail the best I can, that helps some but I gotta keep after it all the time.

Any of you have a treatment for this, that is short of amputation?

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know with the really bad ingrown toenails, they can take the toenail off completely. Had this done a couple of times as a teenager. They just numb you up real good and pull that sucker off of there - doesn't hurt at all while they do it, but it does for a couple of days after. It might be unconventional, but you could ask your doctor about it. Take the toenail off - get the fungus killed good and dead, and grow a new one? Sounds like a plan to me.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Hey 'smoke

I met with a man today to appraise his house and he was limping. I asked if he had messed up his ankle and he told me "ingrown
    toe-nail". I told him I have pain every now and again. He told me 3 days ago some lady in his church told him that her husband puts listerine on the nail with cottom swabs to kill the fungus? and makes it easier to clip the nail.

Hey, don't yell at me, but, what the heck, I just might try putting some on every nite to see if it will work.

Beats he(( outta amputation!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This ain't no bull. But use Vic's Vapor Rub on the fungus. Use it every day until it goes away.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nail fungus is hard to get rid of. About the only way is to go to the doctor and get a prescription, can't recall the drug but it works. Take 1 pill every day for two months and its gone for good. Hope you have insurance though their expensive.

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nail fungus is hard to get rid of. About the only way is to go to the doctor and get a prescription, can't recall the drug but it works. Take 1 pill every day for two months and its gone for good. Hope you have insurance though their expensive.

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find a dead cat and go to the cemetary, Oh wait, Thats for warts....[:D]

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Listorine mouth wash.My brother had it bad and the foot doc told him it was the strongest thing to use,and it worked!

CW

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
  • Flatlander03Flatlander03 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a column in my local paper, written by Dr. Gott. It was told to him that Vic's Vapor Rub on it every day will get rid of it.
    The Doctor said that he also had the same problem and tried it for himself. And determined that in fact it does work although slow, but allot more inexpensive alternative to the expensive prescriptions.
    He was suprised be this fact and professes the use of it for this problem.

Flatlander03.jpeg
    Hanover_Park.gif
    [img]http://personal.zcloud.net/dean/Ban Daley not guns.jpeg[/img]
    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

George Carlin
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Suck it up, amputate your toes and drive on!

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Prescription strength Lamosil, but it's hard on the liver!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with Vics Vapor Rub. It is slow but cheap. I have the same problem.

J. Patrick Tatum
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I have the same problem but did not buy the prescription medicine,too expensive! I will try the vapor rub. Thanks,this is better than going to a Dr.[:D]

Hillsville.
  • beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    use straight "oil of oreganol" ( my spelling may be wrong). Do a search on the web for a book by a doctor called "The cure is in your kitchen" He swears it kils colds, the flu, bacteria, dental problems, etc. Couldn't hurt to look it up.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leave to Pabooger to get down to basics. Lamisil was what my doctor gave me about 5 years back and it took care of the fungus in my toe nails and as a bonus the case of jock itch I didn't mention to the doc. He mentioned the possible liver problems and made me take before and after blood tests to check on it. Worked great and haven't had any problems since(with the jock itch either).
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dr. gave me a script and after 3 months it was cured.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • ScottyboyScottyboy Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dr. pabooger is correct in his reply to this topic.Have not heard anyone that I know, using any of the snake charmers methods to get rid of it. Lamisil = $$ = cure.Ask your foot Doc if he can get you samples for some or all of the treatment,at least it will save a little $$.
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    One of the most painfull things I've ever experianced were ingrown toenails.[xx(] Mine were so bad that I had laser surgery on them. They scar the nail bed and they grow out straight on the edges after that. I'm sooooo glad I went and had it done!