In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FOR JOSEY1

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Please send me your address so I can enter a subscription for you to "Hooked On Phonetics". You are in dire need of help in learning how to read--you must select your posts because of the pretty pictures accompanying them. [;)][}:)]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    HAIRY...Bite it off * liberal!

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree Hairy, these C&P's need to be stopped. Don[}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You see, Josey1 has the most posts (9,402 of them) because of his cut-and-pastes. HAIRY wants to catch up, but he only has 5,305 posts, so he won't be able to unless Josey1 quits posting C&Ps. [}:)]

Jacqueline
    www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,410 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I get good mileage out of Josey's c&ps. Most are articles that I would not have access to otherwise.

Way to go Josey 1! Keep up the good work.[^]

FS....I like the quote at the bottom of your signature, it says a lot.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:HAIRY Posted - 05/30/2004 : 08:02:56 AM
    Please send me your address so I can enter a subscription for you to "Hooked On Phonetics". You are in dire need of help in learning how to read--you must selecte your posts because of the pretty pictures accompanying them.

Hairy this is just another example of you trying to pick a fight, seriously I think you need a damn hobby, or maybe you just need to get laid... Nobody is impressed.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Options
    1armbandit1armbandit Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:or maybe you just need to get laid

Yuk! Where's Monika when we need her?
  • Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hairy back off. I enjoy reading Josey's posts a heck of a lot more than I do yours! He was here way before you and will be here long after you are gone.

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    You are in dire need of help in learning how to read--you must selecte your posts because of the pretty pictures accompanying them. [;)][}:)]

Petty... very very petty[:(], and another perfect example of just how small-minded you really are. Oh well, I suppose we are all just clearly seeing the stripes showing through on a true SKUNK[:0]

Dave W... I don't think it will help Hairy much (if any), but it was a nice thought[:)]
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heh-heh. Get the drift hairy? You lose.

Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hairy won't even answer unless he can find a C&P to answer with. But Classic will answer for him. Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Phonetics has to do with using alternative spellings to aid in the pronunciation of words.

Why would proper pronunciation be necessary to learning to read?
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hairy,either that backfired or you let a FART cause it really stunk.
    [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg

When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Josey 1 is GB members official news provider! He posts articles that are important to gun owners.

We decided a long time ago that he stays and does his thing!

cart205.gif

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    His very informative c&p's are in sharp contrast to the worthless propaganda that you post HAIRY.
    Here's a suggestion. We KEEP Josey, you move to Northern Israel.(without your computer)

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Hairy, take a hike, Josey posts some damn good articles. Keep it up J1!

GWB_logo_100.gifErie.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Options
    1armbandit1armbandit Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Reject a devisive person after a first and second warning, knowing that such a person is perverted and sins, being self-condemned."
    Titus 3:10-11

Devisive. Perverted. The KJ version uses the term "heretic," or one twisted mentally, morally, and spiritually. Describe anyone you know?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hairy, are you sure you want to jump in this pond? Don

• Options
    muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well....I don't even know what this is about but.....I always read Joseys' posts in contrast to not reading very many of Hairys'.I mean, the Israel thing is getting very old.Nobody reads them anyway.I suggest that you find a different subject for a while and enlighten us on something else.[;)]

Muggster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since this post was directed to Josey1, it is apparent from your comments that none of you who responded (except Josey1, of course) actually knew why it was here.

Sigh, such is this forum--where so many fools rush in. [;)][}:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Such as, such is. Don

• Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read the confrontation between you and Josey, and your 100% track record on being wrong is still intact, so again I say.....

Bite it off * liberal!
    You want my address? I'll gladly give it to you if you accept my invitation to pay me a visit. Please say you'll drop by.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hairy, you are a dumb *. Don

• Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried to read this, and make sense of it , but I got confused.

So I guess I'll just wait and read the C&P on it.

I think C&P is a wonderful thing. It should even have it's own forum so you wouldn't have to wade through all those posts with original thoughts to get to the chop and stick posts..

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:I think C&P is a wonderful thing. It should even have it's own forum so you wouldn't have to wade through all those posts with original thoughts to get to the chop and stick posts..

I find myself almost completely agreeing with this thought

JuJu(a C&P forum, yeah, that might work)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since this post was directed to Josey1, it is apparent from your comments that none of you who responded (except Josey1, of course) actually knew why it was here.

Sigh, such is this forum--where so many fools rush in. [;)][}:)]

Hairy...

First, you posted it on a PUBLIC forum... at that point, it is no longer a private message to another member, and it can only be viewed by anyone else who reads it for what it really was... a personal "public" attack on another member of this forum. If you do not understand that, then you are are sadly mistaken.

Second, by your quoted statements above, you portray yourself as an arrogant *... whether you realize or understand it or not. It truly amazes me that you appear to believe that you are so much more intelligent than the rest of the people who also participate on this forum.

Third, my first response in this string was a direct result of reading & observing the "shouting match" that you involved yourself in with Josey1 on the other string, and for your added sniping insult that opened this string. Both were VERY petty for someone who professes to be more intelligent than those he debates.

Out of nothing more than human curiousity, I have some questions for you...

1. Why do you seemingly go out of your way to incite others with your political agenda on this forum[?] There is afterall, a dedicated "Politics" forum available to you right here on this website - http://forums.gunbroker.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5. I would kindly suggest that you avail yourself of it. The people who are willing to post on that forum will welcome and enjoy debating you and your beliefs. This particular forum should not be used for political debates if I read the purpose of it correctly. If I personally were to be in Nunn's position, I would move all political discussions to said forum... where they belong.

2. Do you honestly think and feel that everyone else should believe as you do[?] Why do you persist in trying to do so[?] Do you feel that it is right for you to impose your beliefs on others in this forum[?] Surely by now, you should have realized that it is simply wasted effort[?]

3. Finally, do you really believe that you are more intelligent or a better person than "the rest of us"[?] I can assure you that that false belief is not truly the case. You have demonstrated (at least to me) that you are no better (or worse) than the vast majority of the rest of us. You allow yourself to get involved in too many petty quarrels, and then you resort to insulting replies when you are called out on it (as evidenced by the opening post in this string). The sad part about this situation, is that you seem to really believe that you are elevated above most of the fine people who participate on this forum[:(]... Why is that[?]

Should you wish to reply to this response, I will entertain your dialogue, but I will NOT get involved in a heated debate with you or any others (e.g. EMM, Classic, etc.)... it simply serves no useful purpose. Frankly and honestly though, I would rather not dicuss this further. My true purpose in this reply was to cause you to reflect upon your own less-than-accurate beliefs and assumptions concerning all of those people who do not share your beliefs, and that you are no better than the rest of us. Your petty insults and barbs belie your perceived self.

Bert
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bert--just a comment or so. First, you are right in that this is a public forum. I moved my comment to Josey1 here so that he would be able to address it without having to look for it; I should have known better.

Secondly, thanks for the compliment re: arrogant *. When one suffers fools, one ought to be entitled to be somewhat arrogant, eh wot?

Thirdly, why post things that "incite" others? Thanks for suggesting censorship of information; that's not normally an American trait but it does show up during election years. Still supporting the Second Amendment?

Fourthly, if I wished to be on a forum of "yep, me too", I'd go join Brand X with those who left. Surprising as it might be to you, some people do have points that were not considered by me and are as valid as those I make. So I learn.

Fifthly, if you were to read Josey1's comments, you would agree with me that any "insult" I made in the opening of this thread, is nowhere near his garbage mouth. Since he obviously can't read well, I made a suitable suggestion for him (and it still stands).

Lastly, re: intelligence. You know, Bert, thinking about something doesn't require a LOT of intelligence; a modicum will do. A shame some of the kneejerkers here don't bother trying it for a change. [;)][}:)]

Thanks for sharng your thoughts with me. [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hairy, insulting others is not a good trait. I did not apoligize for anything but being rude. You, my friend, are being more than rude with your arragant behavior. Agree to disagree but do not be rude. Remember, When I am rude, I aploigize, how about you? Don[?]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:When one suffers fools, one ought to be entitled to be somewhat arrogant, eh wot?

Funny, that's EXACTLY what I think to myself every time I read something you post.

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Rather then beechin' about it, why don't you provide some valuable service to the board besides "Palestinian Ambassador"? He obviously spends a lot of time digging up these articles for our perusal and I (and the others) respect that. Making an attack like that just to be a dick is uncalled for.[:(!]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Hairy, I have to say that this is not your finest moment.
    Sorry to see that, you know there is a higher road, maybe you could try it!

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gibbs505: Even an aircraft goes up and down. [:D]

• Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I do believe Josey has been around this forum alot longer than you and judging from your posts Josey's are more greatly appreciated. Just can't help yourself can you Hairy - they have support groups for those of us that ride the short bus - but Hairy is the one in the back licking the windows

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really have to believe Hairy is a masochist.
    Again, if you are so passionately set against Israel's aggressions why are you spending your energies proselytizing here instead of where you might stand some chance of being more effective? It doesn't compute.
    Don't you have the courage of your convictions?
    I'd like to discuss your interest in old guns with you but your political views are like a fart in church.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bert--just a comment or so. First, you are right in that this is a public forum. I moved my comment to Josey1 here so that he would be able to address it without having to look for it; I should have known better. Well, in that much we agree[^]

Secondly, thanks for the compliment re: arrogant *. When one suffers fools, one ought to be entitled to be somewhat arrogant, eh wot? You are entitled to "feel" what you like, but you are not entitled to insult others based on your personal beliefs. No where did I state or infer that I supported Josey1's replies to you... I only pointed out that you are no better for retorting in kind.

Thirdly, why post things that "incite" others? Thanks for suggesting censorship of information; that's not normally an American trait but it does show up during election years. Still supporting the Second Amendment? I should have expected that you would resort to such a low browed comment. Obviously, you are NOT quite as astute of a reader as you think. At NO time did I suggest censorship... in fact, I quite clearly suggested quite the opposite, and I provided you with an alternative (and better suited) place to post your political retoric. Your questioning of my Second Amendment support is again, a very petty response on your part... and unfortunately, it is becoming all too expected.

Fourthly, if I wished to be on a forum of "yep, me too", I'd go join Brand X with those who left. Surprising as it might be to you, some people do have points that were not considered by me and are as valid as those I make. So I learn. Again, I did not suggest that you go join a "me too" forum (or go to Brand X)... I merely suggested that you simply use the more appropriate "Politics" forum right here at GB. As for being surprised... very little actually surprises me anymore, so please do not flatter yourself. What I do not understand, is someone who intentionally pounds their own head on a brick wall knowing full well that the best that can be hoped for is a splitting headache[B)] Regardless of what you think or believe, you are NOT going to influence or change what the vast majority (99%) of the other people on this forum believe. What you are doing is akin to the two-year old that bangs it head on the floor in an attempt to get attention... it is humorous for a little while, then it simply becomes annoying. Is that what your ultimate goal is... to annoy everyone else to the point that they leave and go join Brand X[?] Are you truly happy that many people have already left for Brand X[?] Please enlighten me as to what your TRUE purpose really is.

Fifthly, if you were to read Josey1's comments, you would agree with me that any "insult" I made in the opening of this thread, is nowhere near his garbage mouth. Since he obviously can't read well, I made a suitable suggestion for him (and it still stands). As I stated in my previous post (and above), I did read that entire childish display that the two of you were involved in, and I will pose this to you... two wrongs do not make a right. You could have taken the high road, but apparently chose not to do so. Instead, you purposely chose to push the issue with the intent to raise ire. In minor defense of Josey1, you personally have no factual information as to what his "reading skills" really are, and I would like to know how you positively determined that he "obviously can't read well". If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that both of you are slightly above the normal as it applies to your respective reading skills. I also believe that if you where to look at it objectively, you would come to the same conclusion.

Lastly, re: intelligence. You know, Bert, thinking about something doesn't require a LOT of intelligence; a modicum will do. A shame some of the kneejerkers here don't bother trying it for a change. [;)][}:)] Once more, a petty insult to others who do not see things as you do. I submit to you, that if you were able to communicate your thoughts and beliefs in a less arrogant fashion (in other words, speak to the people, not down to them), maybe, just maybe, you would get some of your points across. Your true failing is in your inability to converse with others at level other than your own. If you had ever spent anytime in a classroom trying to teach a diverse group of people a single simple topic, you would understand what I am trying to tell you.

Thanks for sharng your thoughts with me. [:D] You are quite welcome[:D].

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!